WWC 630g Build Thread!!! The 300g Is Down!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you Arnaldo!

The colors are even better in person I promise you.

WWC Twizzlers

Correct! Thanks.

Thank you. Our top down box by Avast Marineworks does a good job of blocking reflections which gives the pictures that rich contrast and color that is not possible when shooting through the glass.

Thank you Jon, much appreciated!

WWC Jingle Bells Cyphastrea, yes there is a WYSIWYG frag on our website for sale right now.

Thanks Rogger! We can attribute the health of the inhabitants to your amazing food!

Thank you!

No secret. Good water quality, feed often, quality skimmer, barebottom, T5/LED lighting, a lot of Tangs, tons of random flow.

Thank you Sahin!

I'll be down next week. Eye candy central!

Nht

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Omg I've been viewing this on my phone and the pictures literally make my eyes hurt and my heart beat fast. I and I'm sure many others here want to emulate as closely as we can to the health and colors of your corals. Please share your secrets and experiences with your fans.

1) what is your tank husbandry and what is your top 5 most important tips you can give us?
2) what brand salt, additives, snake oil what have you do you add to the tank.
3)do you run gfo/carbon etc? I don't see a SPECK of algae in the tank. How do you achieve this?
4) ATI bulbs seem to be the most popular choice in the T5 world. How do the red sea compare in person and why did you guys choose the red sea? I was gonna upgrade to Radions but after seeing this I don't know anymore
5) do you guys EVER lose corals or have problems with corals dying for no apparent reason???
Sorry for all the questions and taking the time to answer them. I would be happy if my tank looked 15‰ like yours. You guys are the Jedi masters and I bow down to you. Thanks so much for sharing

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Omg I've been viewing this on my phone and the pictures literally make my eyes hurt and my heart beat fast. I and I'm sure many others here want to emulate as closely as we can to the health and colors of your corals. Please share your secrets and experiences with your fans.

1) what is your tank husbandry and what is your top 5 most important tips you can give us?
2) what brand salt, additives, snake oil what have you do you add to the tank.
3)do you run gfo/carbon etc? I don't see a SPECK of algae in the tank. How do you achieve this?
4) ATI bulbs seem to be the most popular choice in the T5 world. How do the red sea compare in person and why did you guys choose the red sea? I was gonna upgrade to Radions but after seeing this I don't know anymore
5) do you guys EVER lose corals or have problems with corals dying for no apparent reason???
Sorry for all the questions and taking the time to answer them. I would be happy if my tank looked 15‰ like yours. You guys are the Jedi masters and I bow down to you. Thanks so much for sharing

1) 20% water changes bi-weekly. Tips: (most are cliche) Don't put your hands in the water unless you have to. If it ain't broke don't fix it. Keep it simple. Low turnover, high indirect flow. Stock plenty of fish and feed heavy but don't overfeed.

2) Instant Ocean, Brightwell Aquatics. We add some amino acids and lugols occasionally. Really just the Rogger's Food and the GEO calcium reactor along with water changes take care of all the nutrients and minerals. We keep it simple.

3) We do usually run carbon in a media reactor. Occasionally we may run some phosphate remover such as ExtraxPhos in the reactor.

4) Red Sea bulbs are very comparable to ATI, both are german bulbs. Radions are great too.

5) Of course we lose corals for no apparent reason, it happens to everyone.

kc350twin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am absolutely blown away. I don't know if I'm inspired to do better or disgusted at my efforts LOL!!!!!

Do you have any acros that do not do well in this tank under only T5's and RB's?

thanks for your time
Kc3

townjas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was there a few weeks ago. Awesome tank great shop. 1 of the cleanest pet stores I have ever been in and all of their tanks look fantastic!

Huntor0

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I work right down the street from them and am fortunate enough to call them my LFS. Some days I just pop in at lunch time and view the amazing tanks. Lou, Victor, and the gang are some great folks and always take care of me when I need something.

lxeroxl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
05-5.jpg

Whats the name of this, I had a piece form you but it fell into an acan, do you have any more frags of it for sale?

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
More photos!

kc350twin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of life do you expect to get out of the T5's. Do you have a rule of thumb you use or some type of measurement?

droblack

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just stopped in yesterday and how WWC has grown! The show tank is mind boggling. Kind of like the theme parks; it would take you a while to check out everything. Thank you Victor and Lou for being so welcoming and hooking me up, as always.

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you enjoyed your shopping experience with us, hope to see you June 7th for the live sale.

WWC Staff

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Where da pix at?? :D :D :D

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

-Logzor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you remind us what bulb combo you're using and associated light cycle?

I was also wondering what your views are regarding pure actinic bulbs in a T5/LED combo. I've noticed there are a handful of vendors running heavy on pure actinics. I've tried this myself with good results. Pigmentation and growth have improved compared running white/bulb only.

I wasn't sure what % of your bulbs are actinic only.

OP
OP
WWC

WWC

WWC Staff
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could you remind us what bulb combo you're using and associated light cycle?

I was also wondering what your views are regarding pure actinic bulbs in a T5/LED combo. I've noticed there are a handful of vendors running heavy on pure actinics. I've tried this myself with good results. Pigmentation and growth have improved compared running white/bulb only.

I wasn't sure what % of your bulbs are actinic only.

4/1 Blue/White Red Sea Reef-Spec Bulbs

There is only 1 white going across it is on 5 hours a day. First the LEDs come on, then 2 blues 2 hours later, then 2 more blues 2 hours later.

We have had really good success with running actinic only T5/LED on a lot of our systems.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 64 31.4%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 54 26.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 42 20.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 42 20.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back