Zoa help

Smitty007j

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my first coral in my tank its a zoa. I put it in and an hour later it opened fully and looked great. But now its slightly closed every day it wont open as much as it first did. Any help I don't know what to try first less flow more flow lights or water changes. Also I read if your tank is to clean it can affect it. Is that true.

brycntif

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just leave it be, they can close up for days, if it still wont open after a few days try basting it off with a turkey baster under water, or dip it in some two little fishies, ReVive coral dip according to the directions.

KillerKlownFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a similar issue except it's been in my tank for months. Half of it is now growing off the frag and onto the live rock. The half that is on the rock opens and the other half doesn't. It's been like this for over a week now. Also it went from green on the frag to red on the rock. I can't really pull it out to dip. 3" over is another small colony that is doing well so I don't think it's water quality or flow. Checked the Alk and cal and is good. 450. Anyone have advice?

Aquarium Art

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a similar problem with a kind midas zoa years ago , it staid closed for 1 month and then started to grow non stop

KillerKlownFish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I figured the others are good and half is open so maybe I'll wait it out. I just hope it's nothing that can lead to something worse and I missed stopping it when I could.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 14.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 15.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 65 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.0%
Back