What Zoa/Paly is this?

AquaForge

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Need some help identifying this zoa. I got some GSP 2 months ago and there was a tiny little nubbin of a zoa in it. It barely looked like one, smaller than a pencil eraser. I seperated it and put it on a rock near my other zoas. Now its one of the biggest in my tank and I have no idea what it is. I have looked through google and a ton of websites that sell zoas and none look just like this one. Its about the size of a dime. I am sorry about the bad pics but it is slightly turned away from the glass so I have to shoot at an angle through the glass which makes it extra blurry.

In case its tough to see in the pics. Its got a very orangish fluorescent face, the skirt is like 2 tiers one up one down and the mouth is fluorescent green. The closest it resembles, to me is maybe Fruity Pebbles or Black Widow.

Any help is appreciated!

DN2JJM07045_DN.jpg DN2JJM07049_DN.jpg DN2JJM07053_DN.jpg

blecki

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's a very nice purply one. The names are made up and you'll find there are a dozen names for every color variation imaginable.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Need some help identifying this zoa. I got some GSP 2 months ago and there was a tiny little nubbin of a zoa in it. It barely looked like one, smaller than a pencil eraser. I seperated it and put it on a rock near my other zoas. Now its one of the biggest in my tank and I have no idea what it is. I have looked through google and a ton of websites that sell zoas and none look just like this one. Its about the size of a dime. I am sorry about the bad pics but it is slightly turned away from the glass so I have to shoot at an angle through the glass which makes it extra blurry.

In case its tough to see in the pics. Its got a very orangish fluorescent face, the skirt is like 2 tiers one up one down and the mouth is fluorescent green. The closest it resembles, to me is maybe Fruity Pebbles or Black Widow.

Any help is appreciated!

DN2JJM07045_DN.jpg DN2JJM07049_DN.jpg DN2JJM07053_DN.jpg
Please post pics under white light intensity and of top for clear i.d.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 148 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back