Lunar Eclipse

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my favourite zoas has got to be the lunar eclipse. I got these at my LFS and didn't know what the heck they were, but they glowed so much!
I know they're not that rare, well I think , I don't know, or care, show me yours!
I also would like to know how fast they grow.

While we're on the topic of lunar eclipses, did any of you see the blood moon on the 8th?
If you're wondering what that is it's a lunar eclipse where the moon gets stuck in the earth's shadow and turns red.

Btw here's my frag:
IMG_3350.jpg

saltyphish

Certified Sand Groomer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So far not bad haven't noticed any new growth yet but, I've only had them for a month.

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lunars are beatiful. It all depends on your tank. If bigger fat palys like people eaters do good lunars will grow like weeds.

OP
OP
Oscaror

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^^Agreed. I love the orange skirt.
I've never had any fat plays, so these will be the deciders of whether they do good in my tank. So far they're great! They've grown an extra polyp since I got them on the fourth, so in 11 days.
Here's a picture:
IMG_3350.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oscaror

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really nice pictures :) I missed the lunar eclipse here in Los Angeles. It was supposed to be around 3 am :eek:hwell:
I heard it was 6:25, still really early, I missed it too, but I didn't miss these guys.
Any I'm sorry I posted the same pic twice lol, I meant to post a growth comparison.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oscaror

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's the picture I meant to post.
My photography skills are getting better, they were immensely horrible before.
Now they're just horrible.

Btw that's a magician on the left, it doesn't want to grow though >_<

IMG_3362.jpg

OP
OP
Oscaror

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice picture! it's not horrible! :bigsmile:
Thanks lol, I try my best, it's hard to adjust the lights to the right intensity (since these are LED's and I'm using an iphone) but I manage.
I still think the first picture was better, you can see the orange better, I'll see if I can get a good picture tomorrow.

OP
OP
Oscaror

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which Iphone are you using? I got the 4s and I'm never very pleased with my photos. I don't like that there aren't really that many settings to adjust ...:yell:

any tips?:ranger:
Using the 5. Also agreed on the lack of settings. kids these days think they're photographers when they're just adding a filter to their photo *puts black and white filter and makes the sides blurry #ART

I adjust the light to the point where it's white but you can still see the corals fluorescence. But if your lights can't do that (can't adjust brightness, just on/off with blue and white) then take it under white, you may not capture the colours as well but you're at least see the coral instead of seeing a big blue blob :p

Last edited:
OP
OP
Oscaror

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! I've noticed there are two types of lunars, some have long skirts and others have short and round stubbles as their skirt.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 28.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back