Saminthereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone.
Thanks a lot for the welcoming. Here is my set up. It is my first Marin tank, I still have a 20 gal planted freshwater tank and had freshwater tanks for a long time.
10 gal, Current Orbit Marin, 10lb dry rocks, 15lb carib sea live sand, aqua clear 20, Aquatic Life nano skimmer, nano powerhead 240gh, 100w heater. Api test. Refractometer and RODI water used with instant ocean salt.
Started about a mont ago. Here are some results on tests and some pic. I just started le light cycle today on basic 12h setting. Didn't start the skimmer yet.
Got some info from The Nano Reef Handbook. Currently reading Marin Aquarium Handbook Beginner to Breeder and my wife got me The conscientious Marin aquarist book. At least I got some time. And of course the forums.
I'm waiting to get some algae bloom and start with a Cuc.
Can I start a thread here and updates info has I go?
Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 12.18.10 PM.png
IMG_3373.JPG
IMG_3376.JPG
IMG_3378.JPG

Vakko

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure what you're going to put into that tank, but rocks are a bit high.

It looks funny to have them lower. But consider that you want space for your coral to grow.

OP
OP
Saminthereef

Saminthereef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello Hello Reefers.
Big Updates here.
Everything is going smoothly. I changed my light for a Kessil 160 tuna. The Marin is not strong enough for sps. I stopped the skimmer, way too noisy. I have to fix that. And I need an ATO.
Added a Ocealiris, a Sharknose Gobby and 6 Hermits (mix red and blue legs).
A friend of mine got me some coral to start. Red mushrooms, Torch, Birdnest, Montipora.
With the temperature being so hot here my biggest challenge is to keep the tank cold. It went to over 90deg. Not the best on the frags. They bleached a bit. I hope they'll survive. Still doing 10 to 20% water change every weeks.
image1 - Copy (2).jpeg
image1 - Copy.jpeg
image1.jpeg
image2 - Copy (2).jpeg
image2 - Copy.jpeg
image2.jpeg
image3.jpeg
image4.jpeg

A/C or D/C, What’s Your Preference?

• A/C

Votes: 7 11.3%
  • D/C