12g AquaPod Zoa Tank Lighting

jonbar1

Growing Out
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello fellow Zoa nuts!

My 12g AquaPod has become more of a zoa tank over the months, and with how much I've spent on getting my favorites, I want the best possible light I can give them.

I am seriously considering getting the 150w SunPod for them, mostly so I can get the Phoenix 14k bulb. Would this be too much light for them? I could get the 70w instead, but want the best light possible for them.

Thanks In Advance!

Jon

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, welcome to Club Zoa! :wave:

This is Ed Gray's tank, the nano zoa guru LOL:

http://www.club-zoa.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=195

There are quite a few threads on this forum that talk about lighting changes for 12 gallon tanks. You can tell which thread by looking at the thread names- most have been named after the tanks they are for. I'd also send those guys a pm and ask them, since they have been researching it for their own tanks!

:D
Laurie

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Jon! The 70watt would work but I dont think they make a 14k phoenix bulb. I think the 150watt sunpod would work well, as long as your able to keep the temp from getting to high.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 11.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 38 28.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 19.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back