180g stocking help

Kworker

Tang Lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Er...yeah, that one. Magnificent for the foxface, majestic for the angel. Sorry, was looking then up on the laptop last night and posted from the phone.

I'm thinking if I decide to risk the Flame Angel, I'll pass on the Chevron Tang (same color scheme). If I went that route, could I do the Blue Tang, the Foxface, and Trigger with the smaller ones I'm looking at?

I looked at the Lamark. It's pretty, but not quite what I'm looking for. I like the Flame for the color. Same reason the Chevron caught my eye.

Haha. Well, if your dead set on that coloration I would ditch the chevron because they lose their orange with maturity. I really like them otherwise. There are plenty of orange colored fairy wrasses that can fulfill that color pattern and they are reef safe opposed to a hit or miss angelfish.

OP
OP
K

Kayl_Neko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, I know the Chevron changes color, but I do kinda like the adult coloration as well. I think it's the bright orange red against the dark that I'm liking. Do any of the fairy wrasses do that? Or any other fish? Didn't see any when I looked, as I recall.

Only stock I'm dead set on is the Blue Tang and a clownfish, because of the other one in the house who wants a tank, and a watchman goby and shrimp--that one is the one I want. Other than that, I have preferences but not dead set, and I need to keep in mind the non-fish people in the house and what they're going to see, so color and activity.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 44 17.9%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 164 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.4%
Back