2 part dosing: What times of day are you dosing???

CJ7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 65 gal Redsea max that I'm dosing KH and calc throughout the day using a DA Reefkeeper and 2 part BRS system... I currently spread the dosing equally throughout the day.( 4x 5.5 mL on KH @ 5am,11am,5pm,11pm etc..and 3x 12.1 mL of Calc @ 4am,12pm,8pm) Do most people spread like this throughout the day or dose more when lights are off/on?? I could see the argument to dose more KH when lights are off due to its affect on ph. Thoughts?

Budman's Corals

Living the Salt life
View Badges
Reaction score
Heart of Dixie--------------------------Mtgy,Ala
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 65 gal Redsea max that I'm dosing KH and calc throughout the day using a DA Reefkeeper and 2 part BRS system... I currently spread the dosing equally throughout the day.( 4x 5.5 mL on KH @ 5am,11am,5pm,11pm etc..and 3x 12.1 mL of Calc @ 4am,12pm,8pm) Do most people spread like this throughout the day or dose more when lights are off/on?? I could see the argument to dose more KH when lights are off due to its affect on ph. Thoughts?

I dose 150ml a day both Alk/Cal ,I always dose Alk when the lights go off,Helps to keep PH steady overnight..calcium during the day

TriggerThis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My dosing pump just doses all at regular intervals throughout the day.
Not sure if it can modify it to just when lights on or off

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 120 42.7%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 97 34.5%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 44 15.7%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 15 5.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.8%
Back