2 Part Dosing

Huskymaniac

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just tested my alk and my numbers dropped from 9.2 to 8.7 dkh. I was already dosing every hour for 7 min with brs dosing pumps using brs two part. I added 2 minutes onto the timers so I will now be dosing a total of 237 ml per day. My tank has about 160 gallons of water and I am really suprised about the amount I have to dose. My tank is far from a loaded sps tank but I do have some colonies, a ton of frags, and small clam. My rock is also caked in coraline algea. Does this amount seem crazy?

redfishbluefish

Stay Positive, Stay Productive
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not concerned about the amounts you are using....sounds reasonable to me. Clams are calcium suckers.

OP
OP
Huskymaniac

Huskymaniac

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I didnt increase the 2 part dosage would the alk continue to drop or would it stabalize at the lower number? I used to run a reactor but got annoyed with the effluent constantly changing. Figured the two part would be easier.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I didnt increase the 2 part dosage would the alk continue to drop or would it stabalize at the lower number? I used to run a reactor but got annoyed with the effluent constantly changing. Figured the two part would be easier.

It will stabilize, since demand drops as the alk drops. That said, it may stabilize at lower levels than you prefer. But 7 dKH is fine and letting it drop to that level is fine.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 64 31.4%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 54 26.5%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 42 20.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 42 20.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back