2013 Etrc Frag Swap

TheReefShack

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He are some of the frags we will be offering. Most will be starting at ONLY $10! We plan on bringing more corals then ever this year, and having at least 200 $10 frags!
We will be wearing our bright orange shirts as usual so you can find us in a crowd!

These pictures were taken in a bit of a hurry so sorry if they are not supper awesome. I assure you that they look better in person! :)

-TRS

CoryC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A few pics of things i'll have at the swap or can cut for preorder

jason fox bloodshots

WWC Rainbow Palys

Darth Mauls

CB Rainbow Infusions Palys

Everlasting Gobstoppers

Blastomussa colony

Trachyphilia

2-3 Eye My Miami Frag

Mystic Sunset Monti

Rainbow Lobo

2"+ Meteor Shower Cyphastrea frag

Nightmare Zoanthids

Nuclear Space Monsters

My baby lol just wanted to show off a decent pic

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please excuse the questions...but I haven't been able to make a meeting recently and have missed (or can't find) more info about the swap..

The club is going to have how many tables, with how much room left for member "stuff?"

The club is going to have what for a tank? Members can bring corals and put in like before? How much space?

The reason I ask is I may have somewhere between 20-40 frags...which could be pretty "obtrusive" if there's not much space. Worst case, maybe somebody has a 20L I can borrow?? I could take my 2ft T5, and make a full size frag rack. It would be plenty of room for my stuff and more for any other members. I may wind up just buying a 20L but I've been holding out for the $1/gal sale at Petco again.

What about water? We are supplying water to vendors again, I assume. Who is bringing how much, it and how much is needed? I ask because I've got a few of the 5gal containers I could bring.

bgruchow

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did not see many pre sale threads. I am looking for some utter chaos palys and a good price on a maxima clam. Is the guy that had a bunch at the Mtrc swap going to be at yours. Thanks

OP
OP
Rob.D

Rob.D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please excuse the questions...but I haven't been able to make a meeting recently and have missed (or can't find) more info about the swap..

The club is going to have how many tables, with how much room left for member "stuff?"As many needed as possible.

The club is going to have what for a tank? Members can bring corals and put in like before? How much space? 30"x12"x6", it is for club member corals and club corals. You might want to consider having your own tank with "20-40" frags.

The reason I ask is I may have somewhere between 20-40 frags...which could be pretty "obtrusive" if there's not much space. Worst case, maybe somebody has a 20L I can borrow?? I could take my 2ft T5, and make a full size frag rack. It would be plenty of room for my stuff and more for any other members. I may wind up just buying a 20L but I've been holding out for the $1/gal sale at Petco again.

What about water? We are supplying water to vendors again, I assume. Who is bringing how much, it and how much is needed? I ask because I've got a few of the 5gal containers I could bring.

I am bringing around 40-50 gallons, if more is needed I will attempt to have more. Are you offering empty or full containers?

OP
OP
Rob.D

Rob.D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did not see many pre sale threads. I am looking for some utter chaos palys and a good price on a maxima clam. Is the guy that had a bunch at the Mtrc swap going to be at yours. Thanks

The club owns Utter Chaos and will have at least one polyp for sale. I think the vendor your referring to is Pacific East Aquaculture, no that vendor will not be at our swap...unfortunately.

Engloid

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a cpl polyps recently, and I've already got 4 now, but won't have enough to frag out by the swap. If you don't get any in the next month or so and plan a trip up this way, let me know.

I am bringing around 40-50 gallons, if more is needed I will attempt to have more. Are you offering empty or full containers?
I can bring full or empty...whichever is needed...but just kinda need to know ahead if it's RO water needed, so I can make it up.
Based on what you're saying, it may be best for me to plan on bringing or borrowing a 20L...in which case I need to be there to set up Friday, or is early Saturday ok? I will have to bring water for the 20L, so that may bite into what I can bring otherwise..but let me know if there's a water shortage and I will make some kind of arrangements. Worst case, I can put a 55g drum in the back of the truck and fill it up. :)
I have a 20l u could use
That would be awesome. Is it empty now, or what? willing to sell it? :) I'll send you a PM with my phone number.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Rob.D

Rob.D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can bring full or empty...whichever is needed...but just kinda need to know ahead if it's RO water needed, so I can make it up.
Based on what you're saying, it may be best for me to plan on bringing or borrowing a 20L...in which case I need to be there to set up Friday, or is early Saturday ok? I will have to bring water for the 20L, so that may bite into what I can bring otherwise..but let me know if there's a water shortage and I will make some kind of arrangements. Worst case, I can put a 55g drum in the back of the truck and fill it up. :)

As of now I'm not sure how much water we went through last year, I think I asked Eddie at last months meeting but I failed to write the answer down.

From my experience, Friday set up is the best option to go with.

CoryC

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Probably gonna use a 10 g i have. lit with either my radion or stunners. prolly use a phosban reactor stuffed with sponge to keep the water clear.

lars

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be on vacation out that way this week and was wondering if there's any reason I couldn't stop by. Is it just for your local reef club members? I'd love to come home with a few frags.

OP
OP
Rob.D

Rob.D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be on vacation out that way this week and was wondering if there's any reason I couldn't stop by. Is it just for your local reef club members? I'd love to come home with a few frags.

Our swap is open to the public.

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP

Ole Man

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rob,dont remember anyone writing down minutes,but I never heard a amount of water just that you were going to get a tank from Seath and use your trailer to pull it,I do remember you saying that.

OP
OP
Rob.D

Rob.D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rob,dont remember anyone writing down minutes,but I never heard a amount of water just that you were going to get a tank from Seath and use your trailer to pull it,I do remember you saying that.

Seth's thank holds 100 gallons, I'm going to begin filling it Tuesday so by Friday morning it should be ready and yes I'm going to pull it on my trailer. We are going to need containers to pump the water into at the church. I have 2 44 gallon Brute containers.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back