2014 Goals

NeveSSL

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's the kind of post that karma takes notice of....

Rob, I wouldn't let Chris anywhere near your tank, if I were you, man. He may be into self-fulfilling prophecies. :D

Brandon

Rob.D

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to find a superman monti, reverse superman monti, and a purple tip hammer coral. Maybe add another tang but still deciding.

The biggest update would be to change over to a calcium reactor at some point in time.

Continue learning and beating the GHA outta my tank.

Ryan I have a Superman Monti frag for you.

p woodard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To be like the cool kids and get AEFW lol no just keep corals happy and growing get that Starbust monti from Rob.D

Last edited:

p woodard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ask and you will receive now i need to make new goals ok here is some add green red yellow LEDs to my lights find more nice sps get a wp40

TankedNTn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahh so much I'd like to do in the next year:

- Add more coral: I'd like to add a Hammer and a torch and a few more SPS
- Add a few more fish: Not really sure what to add yet (maybe a foxface)
- Really need to spend some time and learn how to program my Apex, especially changing up the MP40 settings.

shellynjason

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Goals for 2014 - ah they are endless but the top are:

* make it to the one year mark Jan 19th without killing one coral (one more month to go - holding my breath)
* remove all the yellow polps that seem to have taken over (big job as it's all over my big base rock - that has other corals on it)
* get my ora green birdsnest to turn all green (it's been pale since entering my tank back in March)
* buy a brand new 200gallon+ reef ready tank and stand ( I am still sumpless because of my crappy stand is to small and running a HOB skimmer *eyesore*)
* implement a controller on the system (probably Apex since everyone seems to love theirs)

Fishtankery

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
>Fully automate the tank using Apex modules. Leak detection, AI module, Vortec module, auto-feeder, etc.
>Install the camera system.
>Finalize the cable management on my garage sump rack. This set up is going to look pro.
>Insulate the 150 gal Rubbermaid tub, finish the perforated top cover.
>Get a hundred or so inverts of all types to increase diversity and maintenance.
>Create a detailed poster of all the livestock and coral I have in the tank, blow it up, and frame it for house guests to read and understand what's going on. Saves a lot of time explaining. Think of the infographics you'd see at an aquarium, this is the same thing.

Tradewinds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
>...Create a detailed poster of all the livestock and coral I have in the tank, blow it up, and frame it for house guests to read and understand what's going on. Saves a lot of time explaining. Think of the infographics you'd see at an aquarium, this is the same thing.

What a novel idea. Are you going to create this yourself, if so which software are you going to use? I would be interested in seeing it once you have it completed.

Your system sounds very nice, do you happen to have a build thread?

Fishtankery

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spent a few months planning it out. I need to add this to the build thread. If anything it could really serve as a template that anyone could create - that was the goal. I really need to finish the documentation and get this up there. I took notes throughout the entire process for just this reason. I've got it down to the cost of materials and time to assemble.

The tank is still 'growing in' - I had to get rid of several species of soft-coral for this set up, so once the SPS and LPS have grown to a point where the tank is more photogenic, I'll create the poster. In the meantime I've already figured out the infographics, including the anatomy of a coral polyp, the various important chemicals in a tank, and light color spectrum.

Tradewinds

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I spent a few months planning it out. I need to add this to the build thread. If anything it could really serve as a template that anyone could create - that was the goal. I really need to finish the documentation and get this up there. I took notes throughout the entire process for just this reason. I've got it down to the cost of materials and time to assemble.

The tank is still 'growing in' - I had to get rid of several species of soft-coral for this set up, so once the SPS and LPS have grown to a point where the tank is more photogenic, I'll create the poster. In the meantime I've already figured out the infographics, including the anatomy of a coral polyp, the various important chemicals in a tank, and light color spectrum.

I don't want to derail this thread, but please send me a PM when you start your build thread, I don't want to miss it.

PEREIRA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Simple one for me... Perfect the water conditions and hold them steady enough to introduce corals and an anemone. Never had much luck, despite years of trying.

yogamon

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hi all..i am new in this forum nice to meet you all..i have some goals in 2014
1. have a new in wall tank hopefully,..with a direct sun light with a cement build for filter with live sand and live rock and macro algae
2. new collection of small fish like tang
3. play with mix LPS and SPS
4. collecting beautiful zoa garden

hehehe i think thats just it,...i hope i can make my dream come true

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 44 72.1%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.3%
Back