220 gallon icp reading help

tonkaoz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so i just got my icp reading and it seems good . but my tank just doesnt seem happy . no growth .

Your Magnesium levels are slightly elevated.

Please check your magnesium test kit for accuracy.

Your Boron levels are too high.
Please try to find the reason for the contamination, these are the most common case:

1. Trace mineral overdose or contamination
what is boron and where would it come from.
i attached the icp data sheet . please help if you can thank you

You are here:
Single View for Evaluation ICP-OES
Share your analysis

Filter
DetectionAction
dosage_prio_5_small.png

Very important for your aquarium
Ca: We have detected a lack of calcium.
A calcium dosage may have the following advantages for your aquarium:
- Calcium is essential for calcification
- Important for the development of healthy coral skeleton
- A lack of calcium can have very bad effects on the aquarium, please act quickly to restore.
To restore the natural value, they refer to our recommended dosage.

Ca: We recommend the corrective dosage be carried out over 3 days. For the first 2 days the daily dosage should be 83.3ml. On the last day please use 23.03ml.

dosage_prio_4_small.png

Important for your aquarium
I: We have detected a lack of iodine.
A Iodine dose can have the following benefits for your aquarium:
- Improves overall health of SPS corals and macroalgae
- Promotes metabolic processes in the reef aquarium
- Can be helpful against parasites and inhibit their reproduction
To restore the natural value, please refer to our recommended dosage.

I: We recommend the corrective dosage be carried out over 2 days. For the first 1 days the daily dosage should be 8.33ml. On the last day please use 1.67ml.

I: We recommend a daily maintenance dose of 1.00ml. If this dose is very low, then this can be alternatively be dosed weekly (daily dose x7).

dosage_prio_3_small.png

Not important but beneficial for your aquarium
Br: We have detected a lack of bromine.
A Bromine dose can have the following benefits for your aquarium:
- Can promote the color and health of SPS and LPS
- Bromine should be dosed carefully, as too high bromine value can be dangerous for the aquarium

Br: We recommend the corrective dosage of 15.43 ml for 1 day.

dosage_prio_2_small.png

Fine-tuning Level 1 ( Basic )
Mo: We have detected a lack of molybdenum.
A molybdenum dose may have the following advantages for your aquarium:
- Can promote enzymatic processes in the reef aquarium
- Can promote the color of SPS and LPS
- Too high a dosage of molybdenum can be detrimental to the aquarium, please dose carefully.

Mo: We recommend the corrective dosage be carried out over 3 days. For the first 2 days the daily dosage should be 41.65ml. On the last day please use 16.66ml.

Mn: We have detected a lack of manganese.
A Manganese dose may have the following advantages for your aquarium:
- Can be useful for keeping LPS corals, for example, Goniopora respond very positively to Manganese dosage
- Can promote better polyp extension
To keep this value, refer to our maintenance dose. For calculating the maintenance dose proceed as follows:
1 Test: dose maintenance dose xml
2 Test: old maintenance dosing xml (from the 1st test) + new maintenance dose (from the 2nd test) xml dosing.
3 Test:: old maintenance dosing xml (from the 1st test) + old maintenance dosing xml (from the 2nd test) + new maintenance dose xml meter (from the 3rd Test). Thereafter, the dosage should not be increased, even though the analysis indicates a value of 0.

Mn: We recommend the corrective dosage be carried out over 2 days. For the first 2 days the daily dosage should be 8.33ml.

Mn: We recommend a daily maintenance dose of 1.39ml. If this dose is very low, then this can be alternatively be dosed weekly (daily dose x7).

V: We have detected a lack of vanadium.
A vanadium dosage may have the following advantages for your aquarium:
- Can have a positive effect on the growth of sponges, sea squirts and SPS and LPS corals
- Can promote a better polyp extension
- May intensify the color of Acropora and Montipora
To restore the natural value, please note our dosing recommendation.
To keep this value, please note our maintenance dose. For calculating the maintenance dose proceed as follows:
1st Test: dose maintenance dose xml
2nd Test: old maintenance dosing xml (from the 1st test) + new maintenance dose meter (from the 2nd test) XML.
3. Test:: old maintenance dosing xml (from the 1st test) + old maintenance dosing xml (from the 2nd test) + new maintenance dose xml meter (from the 3rd Test).
4. Test: see above. Thereafter, the dosage should not be increased, even though the analysis indicates a value of 0.

V: We recommend the corrective dosage of 1.00 ml for 1 day.

V: We recommend a daily maintenance dose of 0.07ml. If this dose is very low, then this can be alternatively be dosed weekly (daily dose x7).

dosage_prio_1_small.png

Fine-tuning Level 1 ( Advanced )
Ni: Warning, dangerous element for the aquarium. Dosage for professional, experienced aquarists only!
A nickel dose may have the following advantages for your aquarium:
- Can improve the color image of coral
- Can improve the overall health of LPS and SPS corals
Attention, the concentration of nickel in natural seawater is so low that it can not be detected. If a dose is desired, begin with the recommended dosage listed below and test the value regularly in our laboratory. If nickel are detected, they have overdosed and should adjust the dose immediately. You can increase the dosage of nickel slowly until they see a positive effect.

Ni: We recommend the corrective dosage be carried out over 3 days. For the first 2 days the daily dosage should be 16.66ml. On the last day please use 8.33ml.

Zn: We have detected a lack of zinc.
A zinc dosage may have the following advantages for your aquarium:
- Can promote enzymatic processes in reef aquariums
- Can promote color and health of LPS and SPS corals
To keep this value, please refer to our maintenance dose. For calculating the maintenance dose proceed as follows:
1st Test: dose maintenance dose xml
2nd Test: old maintenance dosing xml (from the 1st test) + new maintenance dose (from the 2nd test) XML.
3. Test:: old maintenance dosing xml (from the 1st test) + old maintenance dosing xml (from the 2nd test) + new maintenance dose xml meter (from the 3rd Test). Thereafter, the dosage should not be increased, even though the analysis indicates a value of 0

Zn: We recommend the corrective dosage of 3.33 ml for 1 day.

Zn: We recommend a daily maintenance dose of 0.33ml. If this dose is very low, then this can be alternatively be dosed weekly (daily dose x7).

Attachments

• triton icp.pdf
    119.2 KB · Views: 101

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You might be able to benefit from a trace element supplement (its not easy to tell since we do not know what levels are really needed or whether such methods can detect them), but nothing looks problematically high. Anyway, a mixed trace element might be a fine experiment.

Don't over rely on these blanket statmenets that are often just not very sensible. Calcium, for example, is fine. It is utterly stupid to say you should correct 414 ppm over 3 days. Even if you want it higher, 3 days? Come on.

OP
OP
T

tonkaoz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so nothing in that report would make my corals not grow ? and i cant keep an acro to save my life but all the levels seem to suggest i should be able to at least keep an acro alive right.

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so nothing in that report would make my corals not grow ? and i cant keep an acro to save my life but all the levels seem to suggest i should be able to at least keep an acro alive right.

Lack of trace elements might deter their growth, and experimenting with one or more is a fine idea.

I'm not sure why you have coral issues. Could be lots of possibilities that are not chemical issues: light, flow, pests, bacteria, etc.

OP
OP
T

tonkaoz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thank you . i will try to add some more trace elements . what do you think about the triton method ? i was thinking of trying\doing it

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 30 39.5%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 38 50.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back