OP
themcnertney

themcnertney

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I realized I don't have a photo of the new sand and setup, let me work on that.

Tank is in cruise control at the moment. The aggressive fish situations have been resolved. Seems like there is a certain calm not within the tank. No plans of any additions, at least not soon anyways. Probs will keep an eye on Tidal Gardens if they have any sales to pick up some more sticks.

OP
OP
themcnertney

themcnertney

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_2961.jpeg
IMG_2962.jpeg
IMG_2964.jpeg
IMG_2965.jpeg

I have dinos

Last edited:
OP
OP
themcnertney

themcnertney

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buuuuuuuut, you have an adorable sign on the front of your tank. Dinos will pass. :)
Kids, got to love em.

Yea I had them a couple of years ago in my 220 on a much larger scale. Water changes seemed to take care of them with persistency.

This time however, not. Trying the blackout for a couple of days. If unsuccessful, I will add a UV sterilizer. If that is not working, I will implement both methods. All still while being consistent with Water Change Wednesday.

While thinking of it, I am due to change out my RODI, this will help too I think.

OP
OP
themcnertney

themcnertney

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dinos, although not gone completely, they have diminished greatly. I contribute the 48 hours black out and replacing my RO/DI filters.

Note: This is the second time I have experienced this in the 20 years or so of being in this hobby. I cant say enough about good clean RO/DI. Every time I have ever had issues, it all goes back to water quality.

Last edited:

reef’r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just read through the thread, nice setup. I laughed at the part about talking to yourself as I feel the exact same way in my build thread lol trying to get people in there to talk new reef tanks in general and not having much luck. Funny enough a year or so ago I came across a picture of your 55 gallon and took a screen shot of it, I’ve looked back at it multiple times as I think it was an awesome tank!

OP
OP
themcnertney

themcnertney

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just read through the thread, nice setup. I laughed at the part about talking to yourself as I feel the exact same way in my build thread lol trying to get people in there to talk new reef tanks in general and not having much luck. Funny enough a year or so ago I came across a picture of your 55 gallon and took a screen shot of it, I’ve looked back at it multiple times as I think it was an awesome tank!
Really no way, appreciate the kind words. Do you remember the bouquet of coral I had when I had metal hallides on my 220? That piece include acro and monti pieces of pink blue and green, Ill have to see if I can find a good photo of that. It was huge, probably 18" or so in diameter.

reef’r

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Really no way, appreciate the kind words. Do you remember the bouquet of coral I had when I had metal hallides on my 220? That piece include acro and monti pieces of pink blue and green, Ill have to see if I can find a good photo of that. It was huge, probably 18" or so in diameter.
I do not, never seen your 220… but here’s the pic of the 55
IMG_5057.png

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 94 57.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.7%
Back