34 years, action by the state legislature, winning the lottery, Federal & State approvals, and a plan. All for this dream fish

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to Reef2Reef!

Groupers are super cool fish. For those wondering - what species is it, and what size of tank is it in?

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got to hear more about this.

Goliath grouper, I assume? Atlantic or Pacific?

Are you raising it for a public aquarium?

Tell us about the tank, equipment, etc.

OP
OP
G

guppygoliath

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Atlantic. Tank is fiberglass 17’x9’x3’. Fish just finished copper, praziquantel and febendazole. Filtration is a GC TEK alpha one 2.5. Xp8000 skimmer and 420 watts of UV. No tankmates though I’d like to add some cleaner wrasse. 33 inches in length, weighs maybe 25-30 lbs I’m guessing. It was an adventure to legally secure this fish, I plan to detail it soon. If successful, I have the room to build a much larger tank, though it seems like they are often kept in smaller tanks in the public aquaria. Eating porgies, mackerel or jacks in the 1-1.5 lb range.

OP
OP
G

guppygoliath

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_1192.jpeg

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have way more patience than I do, lol. I wonder what you are doing with that fish and your future plans for it?

Talk Like A Pirate Day GIF

I applaud your commitment to getting permission from the state to do your thing. I don’t have the patience to deal with the system although I have worked for them for 31 years now and it has been a struggle to stay afloat on the sea of sharks and eels that I swim with.

We do need more information on your voyage.

Back