419G Display + fish room

Russ*Acro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello. Got a new build happening. I wanted to have a place on here to chart the progress, as well share with the community. I have designed a 14 x 9 1/2 tank room which is a walk way from my TV room to my kitchen. The room has a recessed floor, drain, sink, vents. Most of the equipment I already have from old tank. More to come. This photo was semi old I havn't transferred new new ones over yet but the walls are done. This will be kicking off here very soon finally. Pleasure to meet everyone any comments welcome. o_O

Some of the main equipment
419 Gallon Display 96x36x28 High
4x Reef breeders photon 48
2x 4ft 6 bulb T5
Super Reef Octopus XP5000 Cone Internal
Sump design not completed yet (4ft fuge)
MP 60 x2 MP 40 x 3
Geo 420 calcium reactor
Chiller UN-determined
Untitled_zpswyycwxwx.jpg
IMG_1475_zpsrn9p2awh.jpg

Last edited:

zesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome!

A blank slate! oh my! :D What kind of tank are you going for?

OP
OP
Russ*Acro

Russ*Acro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks. I have promised myself this tank will be 99.9% sps. :rolleyes: Mostly tangs / wrasse some are 7+ years old.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sweet! Following!

OP
OP
Russ*Acro

Russ*Acro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Couple updates. Got some of my lights in. The 4 photons. Still need to buy 2 6x54w t5 fixtures to put in middle of these. I had to take one out and put it on my 180 w just rock to see what it looks like, the colors rock ! I don't like that you can't upload a file like the Radions though to make it simple, also it loses programming when power loss happens. Also some of my rock I have a few really big flat shelves in another tank i'm taking down to add to this pile. Plumbing is in room. I'm doing something a little different with my sump. I'm going to put a bulk head with a valve on it that leads to a drain in my floor. I am not keeping pods or sand in my fuge area. The area with the chaeto in every tank I've ever own has tons of detritus buildup always in that section alone. The idea is to turn a valve in my large fuge area, suck out all the detritus on very bottom and basically drain the entire sump for a water change. Then have another line plumbed into the sock area to fill up sump again. So will keep my fuge/sump detritus free and have effortless water changes. That's the idea so far hopefully it turns out.

IMG_1535_zps4jixblie.jpg

IMG_1536_zpsry8jax4p.jpg

Photons
IMG_1532_zpsh5wov7lp.jpg

These are huge! I put a lot of them together I think i'm going to saw them in halfs I don't want any rock going above mid tank.

IMG_1531_zpsyiwalpyv.jpg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 23.5%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 52 34.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 46 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 15 9.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.6%
Back