65 gallon - Ocean liverock - No QT - No dosing

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree ocean liverock is the best! I have a mix of pacific and Florida rock but mostly due to price and availability. It’s true that the pacific stuff is the best. I still have a couple of pieces from 2005/6!
Awesome! If I were in the States I'd be getting the rock from the Gulf as well. $25/lb is just a little up there imo.

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The one advantage to gulf/keys rock here in the states is that it comes in with a lot more life than pacific rock. I’m sure the opposite is true for you.
I believe it! Here the stuff is Indonesian (or so they say because that's the nearest location they can collect from) and it comes in covered completely with coralline and you'll get little extras like zoas and things like that along with it. That natural coralline is the most beautiful color in the world to me. I particularly like that it comes in so fresh and doesn't need curing. If you buy when the shop gets it I can almost promise it was in the ocean a week ago at most. I'm not a huge fan of the macro algae tbh. I might be in the minority here but i prefer the complete coralline cover. Here's a few pics of some stuff that came to a shop last week. Yeah, they make it look pinker in the pics than it is but it's always been royal purple coralline. It's cool that they just see live rock as live rock and really don't price it based on anything else. Any size or shape is the same price.
1686413029083.jpg 1686412642867.jpg 1686410821250.jpg

OP
OP
Sump Crab

Sump Crab

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe it! Here the stuff is Indonesian (or so they say because that's the nearest location they can collect from) and it comes in covered completely with coralline and you'll get little extras like zoas and things like that along with it. That natural coralline is the most beautiful color in the world to me. I particularly like that it comes in so fresh and doesn't need curing. If you buy when the shop gets it I can almost promise it was in the ocean a week ago at most. I'm not a huge fan of the macro algae tbh. I might be in the minority here but i prefer the complete coralline cover. Here's a few pics of some stuff that came to a shop last week. Yeah, they make it look pinker in the pics than it is but it's always been royal purple coralline. It's cool that they just see live rock as live rock and really don't price it based on anything else. Any size or shape is the same price.
1686413029083.jpg 1686412642867.jpg 1686410821250.jpg
That’s some super beautiful stuff! I’m jealous

livinlifeinBKK

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s some super beautiful stuff! I’m jealous
The crazy thing is that reefers here have no idea that the cheap access they have to stuff like this isn't widely available. They don't realize the value at all unfortunately.

OP
OP
Sump Crab

Sump Crab

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The crazy thing is that reefers here have no idea that the cheap access they have to stuff like this isn't widely available. They don't realize the value at all unfortunately.

I can see that being the case for sure. Many times you don’t know what you had until it’s gone.

OP
OP
Sump Crab

Sump Crab

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My just over a year old vortech mp10 took a crap so I had to buy a new pump today. Went with a Nero 7, which seems great so far. I’ll get the mp10 fixed and use both pumps simultaneously in the future.
D8077D74-B910-4660-8666-07777910E6A5.jpeg
D027C800-1E35-4D69-BCA8-A270CF5A6F79.jpeg

OP
OP
Sump Crab

Sump Crab

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wanted to give a shoutout to reef cleaners! I ordered the 65 gallon CUC “diverse” package. Everything came in healthy and reef cleaners always provides a lot more critters than the package calls for. I have used them several times and have never been disappointed.

OP
OP
Sump Crab

Sump Crab

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Word to the wise, be aware that AI Nero power heads seem to be much more prone to sucking up weak swimming fish than other power heads. I’ve never had an issue before with other brands but my new Nero sucked up and killed my valentini puffer recently.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 57 40.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 16 11.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 40 28.4%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 26 18.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back