• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

9”x9”x7” Red Monti Cap Centerpiece

Isaac Alves

www.instagram.com/theloneaquarist/
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This thing is in a 12”x12” attached tank. It sits on a plastic base covered in gold Lepastrea. I take it out to clean the little tank so it can be taken out as one large piece, easily. It’s growing faster now, plus I’ve gotten the itch to try something else as a new center piece in this tank.

What should something like this be priced at?

cheers!

F2941085-8863-4AC4-8BC2-75DFBC72B45B.jpeg

mdb_talon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it is going to vary from almost nothing to a couple hundred dollars. If you can find someone local looking for an immediate large showpiece they may be willing to pay well. Market for that person is probably slim though.

Beautiful piece though. Monti caps may be common but i always love a big layered colony like that.

OP
OP
Isaac Alves

Isaac Alves

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it is going to vary from almost nothing to a couple hundred dollars. If you can find someone local looking for an immediate large showpiece they may be willing to pay well. Market for that person is probably slim though.

Beautiful piece though. Monti caps may be common but i always love a big layered colony like that.
Thank you for your answer @mdb_talon

Mmoore0324

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First, beautiful little tank. Really nice to see a big show piece coral like that. The type of hobbyist that would buy it would probably be looking to spend $100-$200 id imagine. You might have better luck selling it to a LFS. When I owned my store, I'd probably pay $300-$350.

Good luck - and great job with the piece.

OP
OP
Isaac Alves

Isaac Alves

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First, beautiful little tank. Really nice to see a big show piece coral like that. The type of hobbyist that would buy it would probably be looking to spend $100-$200 id imagine. You might have better luck selling it to a LFS. When I owned my store, I'd probably pay $300-$350.

Good luck - and great job with the piece.
Thank you @Mmoore0324. I truly appreciate the guidance.

Back