92 gal corner stand question

AdelitaGSD!

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never had a large corner tank before and the stand itself seems under built (even though I’m sure it’s not, since previous owner had it all setup

All level on top. The first pic under the tank is the left side of the stand. The last 2 pics are the right side it’s good towards the back but as I move the level forward it’s off. Then corrects again the further towards the front I go.
Something to be concerned about? How do I fix it?

IMG_7928.jpeg IMG_1717.jpeg IMG_1716.jpeg IMG_1714.jpeg IMG_1715.jpeg IMG_1713.jpeg

OP
OP
A

AdelitaGSD!

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do I do that? Add a piece of wood between the top and bottom of the stand?

OP
OP
A

AdelitaGSD!

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't shims typically go between the floor and stand. Itst not the bottom of the stand though. It’s the top. I can’t picture how to fix it with shims?

OP
OP
A

AdelitaGSD!

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I move it away from the wall to try and get a better pic. It’s level all the way around the edges (see first pic of on of the sides. Where I’m concerned is if I look at inward and outward on the sides it not level. See pics. I can take more if needed. :).

Can I just get some pieces of wood and butt them up to the back corner to bulk it up. Maybe even the front sides too.

Attachments

• IMG_1721.jpeg
    IMG_1721.jpeg
    87.7 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1723.jpeg
    IMG_1723.jpeg
    116.9 KB · Views: 10
OP
OP
A

AdelitaGSD!

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I get boards and place them in each corner (total of 4- 2 on the back corner and 2 on each front side none on the actual front) to reinforce it would that help? I tried to draw what I’m talking about.

Attachments

• IMG_1725.jpeg
    IMG_1725.jpeg
    212.8 KB · Views: 10

tedfisher496

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I move it away from the wall to try and get a better pic. It’s level all the way around the edges (see first pic of on of the sides. Where I’m concerned is if I look at inward and outward on the sides it not level. See pics. I can take more if needed. :).

Can I just get some pieces of wood and butt them up to the back corner to bulk it up. Maybe even the front sides too.
the second picture the level needs to be on the side not the way ure holding it. i think ure overthinking it, if the tank is level front to back and left to right that's all that counts. As for reinforcing the stand that's up to you, Looks like a pre made stand and should hold the weight without problems. From the picture above you need to shim the stand to level it out. the reason it looks unlevel in some pictures your placing the level wrong on the surface.

OP
OP
A

AdelitaGSD!

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s weird. The whole tank itself is level when I put the level all over the edges of the tank and all around the actual inside of the tank. I guess maybe the bottoms of the pieces of wood the edges are sitting in just aren’t flat… I think I’m still going to just add some extra pieces of wood. Even though it’s a factory stand…that’s so much weight!

tedfisher496

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s weird. The whole tank itself is level when I put the level all over the edges of the tank and all around the actual inside of the tank. I guess maybe the bottoms of the pieces of wood the edges are sitting in just aren’t flat… I think I’m still going to just add some extra pieces of wood. Even though it’s a factory stand…that’s so much weight!
Personally i would build my own stand, i built many in the past. its really not that difficult. Basic tools will do.

OP
OP
A

AdelitaGSD!

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ended up adding 1 pice of wood at the back corner. Just wedged it in butted up to the back corner. See pics and the top view it’s the red rectangle in the diagram. May have not actually needed it, but makes me feel better lol.

Attachments

• IMG_1738.jpeg
    IMG_1738.jpeg
    114.9 KB · Views: 9

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 56.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 7.0%
Back