93 Gallon Cube Lighting

Winschuc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following, interested in what you decide.

I'm planning a 93 as well. I've been going between 2 hydra 26's and also looking at the reefbrite 400w halide/led combo fixture.

fanandy8

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following to see people's input. I'm going to be starting a 93 cube build, collecting equipment now. Was thinking of building canopy with 250 watt MH and four 24" T5.

BPiers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got an 8 bulb non dimmable ATI and am very happy with it (and was happy with it over my 60g cube too!)
Personally, I think the radion might not give enough coverage on the extreme edges, but I'm of the belief that more is better when it comes to lighting. If I had a hood, I'd throw either my old Kessil 360's or a halide IN ADDITION to my 8 bulb ATI :)
All depends on livestock you want to keep though.

I'm a huge Apex fan, but the dimmable ATI unit isn't compatible with an apex. Just throwing that out there.

miggs76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my radion wasn't enough coverage for a 60 gallon cube. I switched over to a 8 bulb ATI and it is great. I knew that one day I would bump up to a 93 gallon cube so I went with 8 bulbs instead of 4 or 6. You would realistically need 2 radions for a 93 if you plan on having SPS.

MRRBW

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the midst of getting my 93 cube ready, collecting equipment currently. I was advised by many in my area that it would take 2-3 radions to cover the whole tank. General consensus seems to be 8 bulb ATI with or without dimming and leds. Personally I'm planning on a 8 bulb ATI and adding a couple of led strips to it.

miggs76

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm in the midst of getting my 93 cube ready, collecting equipment currently. I was advised by many in my area that it would take 2-3 radions to cover the whole tank. General consensus seems to be 8 bulb ATI with or without dimming and leds. Personally I'm planning on a 8 bulb ATI and adding a couple of led strips to it.

Try the reefbrites....they clip on perfectly to the 8 bulb ATI. I have one on mine and I am thinking of getting a second one.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back