AA (amino acids) Suggestions

TopNotchCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am going to start dosing AA and really want to get some feedback off fellow reefers with the experience and knowledge of doing so.My first question is "brand",what brand should I go with?Second is should I dose it by itself or should I look into the whole scheme of it like potassium,iodine,etc.etc.?I would love to see some before and after pics if possible.My system is very low nutrient.It is a 50g cube 24x24x20 and I am running carbon (rox) and GFO (hc) in 2 BRS single reactors 24/7 also running a SWC 160 cone and my corals are getting that pale low nutrient look to them.I currently dose the BRS 2part ca/alk and also magnesium nothing else.I have 3 fish which I feed every other day 1/4 cube frozen brine shrimp.All feedback is appreciated:smile:

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not have any before and after pics really but I would stick with Warner Marine or the Brightwell AA's . I have had them both and both work well.

OP
OP
TopNotchCorals

TopNotchCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do not have any before and after pics really but I would stick with Warner Marine or the Brightwell AA's . I have had them both and both work well.
Thanks for the input mojo.Should I dose it by itself or should I combine with something else?

mojo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use a about 10 drops a week. sometimes I mix it with Warner MArine ultimate snow as it is suppose to help transport the nutrients to the corals better. Cant really say if it is better that way or not. all looks good ! :)

OP
OP
TopNotchCorals

TopNotchCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks again mojo,I think I am leaning towards brightwells and I will do some reading up on dosing it with yhe ultimate snow.Any other opinions?

thewackyreefer

(formerly luvmyacans)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out Brightwell's marine snow...my tank loves it. Definitely going to be using the Brightwell AA on my next tank as well. Vivid's got me hooked on Brightwell products and I've had nothing but great results with everything.

wishntoboutside

Snow flake
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Big fan of Warner marine products here. To me it sounds like your on track. But maybee I missed it. Feeding only mysis every other day is not enough. I would consider some reef nutrion artic pods and oyster eggs and some cyclelopeeze. What skimmer are you using too. Let's see some pics-)

jam3s

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 50%
1   1   0
+1 on Brightwell I have both sps and lps/softies.

kungfujoe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
bright well aminos all the way bro.. i have been using them for about 4 months and the results are pretty crazy.. ever since is started talking about them at neptune.. it seems that we are always out..

Tenacious716

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As much as it goes against my 'K.I.S.S.' method of reefing, I may have to give the Brightwell Amino Acids a try! :)

OP
OP
TopNotchCorals

TopNotchCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Big fan of Warner marine products here. To me it sounds like your on track. But maybee I missed it. Feeding only mysis every other day is not enough. I would consider some reef nutrion artic pods and oyster eggs and some cyclelopeeze. What skimmer are you using too. Let's see some pics-)
I am running the SWC 160 Cone no pics yet but some in the near future as Kraylen will be heading this way to get some pics and video as all my stock as of now consist of about 20 frags and multiple chalice.I love that Greg Carrol efflo I picked up from you at BAYMAC that thing is insane and the raspberry cheesecake frag is coloring up and spreading at the base.

OP
OP
TopNotchCorals

TopNotchCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am running the SWC 160 Cone no pics yet but some in the near future as Kraylen will be heading this way to get some pics and video as all my stock as of now consist of about 20 frags and multiple chalice.I love that Greg Carrol efflo I picked up from you at BAYMAC that thing is insane and the raspberry cheesecake frag is coloring up and spreading at the base.
Im headed to Neptunes on Saturday do you guys have any in stock now or should I pm Robert and Cerissa?

kthehun89

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been using brightwell's AA and vitC for 2 weeks now and my SPS have started improving their color.

reefdan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of people I know have success with aquavitro fuel. Reviews online are good too.

I've only been using it for a week so I can't share my experience. Ain't exactly aminos (it's aminos, carbs, and vitamins) but does what you're looking for.

OP
OP
TopNotchCorals

TopNotchCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lots of people I know have success with aquavitro fuel. Reviews online are good too.

I've only been using it for a week so I can't share my experience. Ain't exactly aminos (it's aminos, carbs, and vitamins) but does what you're looking for.
I hope its better then there new salt mix *horrible* JMO.I will do some reading on that though thanks reefdan:)

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 151 43.4%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 123 35.3%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 53 15.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.4%
Back