Abalone pics...

Robink

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just thought I would share pics (sorry they're cell pics) of the abalone I got on Live Aquaria. He was huge at least 3+ inches. He is part of the cleanup crew in new setup. As you can see plenty of algae for him to eat. I had also put some nori in there for them but no one has touched it. Also added a fighting conch, margarita snails, cerith snails and nassarius.
abalone1.jpg
abalone1.jpg abalone2.jpg
They've been in the tank a few weeks now. Abalone is nocturnal and sleeps in the same spot between the rocks every day.

Dancingmad

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! By far one of my fav inverts. I had one of these guys for a couple of years (named him sonic b/c he was fast for a snail). Their grip is real - don't even try to take 'em off anything. They lift and never skip foot day.

OP
OP
Robink

Robink

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome! By far one of my fav inverts. I had one of these guys for a couple of years (named him sonic b/c he was fast for a snail). Their grip is real - don't even try to take 'em off anything. They lift and never skip foot day.
Yep, I had a heck of a time getting him out of the bag!! Got him partially out and then had to let him crawl out the rest of the way.
Last night he was on the back glass, he's closer to 4+ inches in length. Very cool though.

code4

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine eats frozen food. I thought they were only algae eaters until I saw it eating some Hikari. I took a video of it with my kindle. And then quite unexpectedly I caught it eating the frozen food. Surprised me. Nice to know though!

Shelley

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 7 9.2%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 30 39.5%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 38 50.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back