Absolute best way to attach rocks together?

BaileysTank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I would like to know the best way to attach rocks together for aquascaping. I w just want to know if I should be using acrylic rods, super glue, cement, ect. If you have any suggestion please feel free to give them and also if you wouldn’t mind telling me the exact product you use (like if it was by ecomarine or something like that)

Dave-T

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It partially depends on what kind of aquascape you’re doing, but I had really good luck when building my NSA using a combination of superglue/accelerant (for small pieces), and e-Marco 400 mortar for the big pieces. Sometimes I’d get a bond started with superglue, then go back later and pack e Marco around the cracks.

AFHokie

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did not have huge pieces but I used superglue and then standard reefing epoxy stick as a second securing method. Covered the epoxy in thin glue then rock dust so it blended in. Just like the BRS videos. I have had no problems and the bonds have been really solid.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 41 38.3%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 56 52.3%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 4.7%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 4 3.7%
Back