Acan problem

gm333

Reef drooler
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I need to know what this guy is doing, and if it is dying or just seperating? He is in the bottom of the tank about 24" from the lights. The lights consist of 2- 175 watt and one 250 watt halide with all 20,000 k bulbs and 2-ari white actnic vho's and 2- ari super actinic vho's.
I have not seen this on of the other acans I have and would like some opinions on whats going on.
25324.jpg

25325.jpg

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you had it for a while and it has just formed, or have you just noticed it (and not had it for a while)? If you are just noticing it and it could have been there before, I'd bet it is a battle scar from it's long trip from the ocean to your tank. If it has formed since you have had it, I'm not sure what to say. I would think something would have happened to cause it, but...

OP
OP
gm333

gm333

Reef drooler
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its one of Dustins pieces I got and it has just started this over the past week. It was fine when I got it a month ago from him. It doesnt look to be dying off, just pulling away from that area. If it gets any worse I will probably end up fragging it out. Although I didnt want to start fragging it till it covered the whole rock and started working its way down the sides.
It has been sitting by itself with nothig around it for at least 6-8" and that would be a blue hairy mushroom.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 7 8.3%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 35 41.7%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 41 48.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.2%
Back