Acro in QT looks like AEFW bites, but no AEFW in dip?

Kzang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
So I bought a wild colony and put it in my QT. I treated with potassium salts, reef primer. I also treated with interceptor.

I’ve had it in QT for a couple of months and about a week or two after I got it, started to RTN. I hacked it up. Saved most of the hacks and the colony stopped and started to heal a bit. Fast forward until today I was just looking at a frag, and it looks like it had typical AEFW marks.

So I dipped with coral revive and nothing. I dipped with iodine based dip. Nothing. I did a full 15 mins each because I don’t care if it dies or not.
Nothing.

I looked at the other frags, and nothing screaming at me. Maybe one “bite” or too on different cuts. They all didn’t have PE extension, except one frag.

That one frag has some PE, but not enough to be considered healthy.

I didn’t take a pic of course before I dipped because I was expecting AEFW. So weird.

Any thoughts? I know it would be immensely helpful with pics but don’t have any

I thought about doing a reef primer dip, but after two dips and getting nothing I didn’t want to waste it since it’s pretty expensive.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Buy some kcl off of Amazon and dip it once every week for 8 weeks if it is in fact aefw.
BulkSupplements.com Potassium Chloride Powder - Potassium Supplement Powder, Potassium Chloride Salt Substitute, Potassium Salt - Gluten Free, 200mg per Serving, 1kg (2.2 lbs) (Pack of 1) https://a.co/d/2FlGcpm

OP
OP
K

Kzang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 75%
6   2   0
Buy some kcl off of Amazon and dip it once every week for 8 weeks if it is in fact aefw.
BulkSupplements.com Potassium Chloride Powder - Potassium Supplement Powder, Potassium Chloride Salt Substitute, Potassium Salt - Gluten Free, 200mg per Serving, 1kg (2.2 lbs) (Pack of 1) https://a.co/d/2FlGcpm
I’m just pulling it and trashing it. Most of the frags are like 3/4 dead with the mother colony.

I did save the one worth PE extension so it’s not an absolute loss.

It’s just weird. It looks like 99.99% AEFW.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 40 30.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 26.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.8%
Back