Acrylic DIY gone awry

jasonp87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bummer, If I had seen this before I could have built you some inserts to replace the overflow teeth that were damaged. I just use a standard table saw. That gives me a nice thin 1/8" gap between the overflow teeth.

Looks like the stuff you're using is doing the job though.

OP
OP
MrDJeep123

MrDJeep123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually as son as the chambers fill up the pressure is minimal to hold it in place. The only real issue you will have are with the baffles if they hold any pressure. If they need to hold pressure, more than likely they will fail at some point in the future. I would suspect it will last for awhile, but 6 months down the road I would guess something will have let loose.

I did the same thing as you with my original tank's overflow. It lasted for awhile only because there was no real pressure on it. I got lucky.

I guess all I can do is bide my time. :(

Bummer, If I had seen this before I could have built you some inserts to replace the overflow teeth that were damaged. I just use a standard table saw. That gives me a nice thin 1/8" gap between the overflow teeth.

Looks like the stuff you're using is doing the job though.

I am using gutter guard glued to the where the teeth used to be. While it looks nice, I think there's just too much flow that goes in. *shrugs* The overflow teeth would've been ideal. I was unfortunately using a saw that felt more like a jackhammer. lol. I appreciate the willingness though. Perhaps in the future, I'll seek you out. :thumb:

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.9%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 7 5.1%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 110 80.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back