Aggressive tomato clown

dugal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, yesterday i got a pair of tomato clowns from my lfs and today i noticed the bigger one is going at the smaller one whenever he has a chance. Is this something to be alarmed about or is this just them figuring out who is dominant?

KrisReef

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, yesterday i got a pair of tomato clowns from my lfs and today i noticed the bigger one is going at the smaller one whenever he has a chance. Is this something to be alarmed about or is this just them figuring out who is dominant?
If they were a "mated-pair" they wouldn't likely be fighting. They will fight until either they sort it out and become a mated pair of they endure a short mated life and by death they do part.

Keep an eye out. If one rejects the other the fight will not stop. You may have to rescue the loser.

My tomatoe clowns are dangerous vicious and will attack (to kill) whatever comes in their domain that they don't want there. So keep an eye out and return the weaker one and get a substitute if you have too.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 7 7.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 16 16.3%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 66 67.3%
  • Neither.

Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.1%
Back