AI Hydra 26D vs MaxsSpec Razor 60W vs Led Reflector MariGlo

Maebh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey yall! Im trying to get new lighhts for mhy tank. I want to be able to have a warm light (orange toned) aswell as blue.
Which should I go for? These are the prices I've found them for. AI Hydra 26D (€150) vs MaxsSpec Razor 60W (€70) vs Led Reflector MariGlo (€40). I'm leaning AI Hydra. If there is an obvious option, dont make fun of me! :grinning-face-with-sweat:

JaaxReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you get the Hydra 26HD, I recommend the 3dReefing diffusors to get rid of the disco ball effect. You would have to run a good mix of green/red LED to get a warm white tone. Or, later down the road you can upgrade to the Luxdium Gold pucks in the Hydras and they actually have a warm white led.

Here’s my schedule. I enjoy a whiter tank look during the day. I have two of them mounted 12” off the water with the diffusors running this schedule over a 4ft tank. I supplement them with a Actinic Vitamini strip LED.

IMG_5982.png

OP
OP
Maebh

Maebh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you get the Hydra 26HD, I recommend the 3dReefing diffusors to get rid of the disco ball effect. You would have to run a good mix of green/red LED to get a warm white tone. Or, later down the road you can upgrade to the Luxdium Gold pucks in the Hydras and they actually have a warm white led.

Here’s my schedule. I enjoy a whiter tank look during the day. I have two of them mounted 12” off the water with the diffusors running this schedule over a 4ft tank. I supplement them with a Actinic Vitamini strip LED.

IMG_5982.png
Thanks!

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 95 76.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 12.0%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.4%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

• Other.

Back