Ai prime 16hd fault

Renaissance corals

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My prime 16 hd is less than a month old, and the blue channel only works until 5% power then dims down and won't change between 6% and Max. All other channels work. Any ideas on a quick fix or if i can get by without it?
(Context) I don't have a backup so I can't send it in for warranty. I do however have the background to completely tear it down and rebuild it. ( Just don't want to) thanks.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can’t help with the question but I can bump the thread to see if we can get you some help

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My prime 16 hd is less than a month old, and the blue channel only works until 5% power then dims down and won't change between 6% and Max. All other channels work. Any ideas on a quick fix or if i can get by without it?
(Context) I don't have a backup so I can't send it in for warranty. I do however have the background to completely tear it down and rebuild it. ( Just don't want to) thanks.
Even if you can " rebuilding" an under warranty product is err annoying to say the least.
If it's a bad trace on the led board there is no "rebuilding" really.
A driver issue... maybe.

My ideas in no particular order:
1) Request a cross ship where Radion sends a new unit with a hold on your cc.
Hold lifted when defective unit is returned to them. I'd def. want a new unit.

2) Buy an ai prime or other cheap puck light ad a " backup". Sell when radion is replaced.
Or keep for backup/other use.

3) Of course try the reinstall mentioned above. Weirder things have happened.

Suppose if one has the equipment opening it and troubleshooting sure is tempting. Suggest you save that enthusiasm for when it is out of warranty. ;)

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 28 14.7%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 43 22.6%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 111 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back