OP
Y

YankeePate

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do work in plastics but not a lot of acrylic. This tank stuff is a great hobby.

P.S. my sister and brother in law live in Hamburg!

Albie23

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love your tank and great ideas. Its time to make your hobby into something that can make you some extra $$$. I live near Hamburg NJ. I live in Ogdensburg.
Hey Joshvito , Have you been to the new pet store in sparta? Its next to the old lumber yard.

joshvito

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love your tank and great ideas. Its time to make your hobby into something that can make you some extra $$$. I live near Hamburg NJ. I live in Ogdensburg.
Hey Joshvito , Have you been to the new pet store in sparta? Its next to the old lumber yard.

Nope, I live in Hamburg NY. It's near buffalo

TFCEC Member
Join a local fish club.
www.tropical-fish-club-of-erie-county.com

Norcalreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ya, I have to say I'm a bit jealous of the toys you have access to :jaw: How big of a piece can you bend? what's next, bending a nice wave tank or something like that :tongue: Nice job, and extra points for skimmer creativity for sure:clap2:

JYC1128

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do work in plastics but not a lot of acrylic. This tank stuff is a great hobby.

P.S. my sister and brother in law live in Hamburg!

Any chance you can make another one same for 20G long and ship it to me? Really want to have a frag tank but not as skilled to cut the acrylics. Thanks, please let me know! :)

1000rrstunna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Any chance you can make another one same for 20G long and ship it to me? Really want to have a frag tank but not as skilled to cut the acrylics. Thanks, please let me know! :)
Would also be interested this is wonderful

Nchula

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
details

Great Build, I know its an older thread, but I thought I'd throw my question out there anyway in case you're still following. I was wondering how much this original build costed you. I was also wondering if you siliconed each baffle in the sump area to the actual tank (looks like it would've been hard to get your hand in there).

Mike Porreca

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after much consideration I have decided on a 20L verses the 10G AIO. I figured for not a whole lot more effort on the build I could double the tank size. I drew up the AIO fuge' wall at work and machined it out yesterday afternoon. I made it 3 chambers after a couple other members thought that it would work better. I am going to make up a drop in media basket for the overflow chamber for filter floss. And the center chamber for growing Chaeto. Pump will be a MJ900 to start with. On order is an AquaStyles 24 LED dimmable DIY kit. My plan is to make a custom splash shield and cover for it.

20LFuge2.jpg

20LFuge1.jpg

20LTop.jpg
Do you have the dimensions of this? I wanna make on for my tank. Much thanks.

SturmUndDrang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@YankeePate et. al.

12 years late to the party... will build this out over the next few weekends.... curious for update on lighting - the tech has advanced and would like a nice color over head.

Anyone have updates / new tips / lighting considerations for this build?

SturmUndDrang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So after much consideration I have decided on a 20L verses the 10G AIO. I figured for not a whole lot more effort on the build I could double the tank size. I drew up the AIO fuge' wall at work and machined it out yesterday afternoon. I made it 3 chambers after a couple other members thought that it would work better. I am going to make up a drop in media basket for the overflow chamber for filter floss. And the center chamber for growing Chaeto. Pump will be a MJ900 to start with. On order is an AquaStyles 24 LED dimmable DIY kit. My plan is to make a custom splash shield and cover for it.

20LFuge2.jpg

20LFuge1.jpg

20LTop.jpg
A long shot as it seems you have not been active for a while... any chance you saved the cut list / cut sheet for the acrylic pieces? thansk

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 19 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 167 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.6%
Back