All for reef

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

wickedxreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been dosing all for reef on my 100 gallon tank. It's still a new tank with only a few corals. I'm noticing at 40ml a day, I'm still dropping alk/cal from roughly 8dkh to 7.3 or by my Neptune 7.3 to 6.9 in a matter of 3 days. I'm considering upping the dosing, but wanted to know if this is normal for a lightly loaded tank to be consuming this much ml a day? Also, I mixed 1500ml ro/di with 8 scopes, so wondering if the strength of the mix is just too weak. thoughts?

tzabor10

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been dosing all for reef on my 100 gallon tank. It's still a new tank with only a few corals. I'm noticing at 40ml a day, I'm still dropping alk/cal from roughly 8dkh to 7.3 or by my Neptune 7.3 to 6.9 in a matter of 3 days. I'm considering upping the dosing, but wanted to know if this is normal for a lightly loaded tank to be consuming this much ml a day? Also, I mixed 1500ml ro/di with 8 scopes, so wondering if the strength of the mix is just too weak. thoughts?
This is in the wrong forum
Neptune can be very inaccurate
Always have backup test kits
Just dump the all 4 reef out. Start over and follow the instructions
Good luck

OP
OP
W

wickedxreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is in the wrong forum
Neptune can be very inaccurate
Always have backup test kits
Just dump the all 4 reef out. Start over and follow the instructions
Good luck
I'm seeing the same results with the hanna checker following the same decline. so wondering if this is normal behavior for tropic Marin all for reef?

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm seeing the same results with the hanna checker following the same decline. so wondering if this is normal behavior for tropic Marin all for reef?
The instructions call out for 6 scoops in 900ml of rodi..so yes your measurement is off.. it’s not normal for a tank to consume that much with little to no corals, unless you have a lot of corraline or dry rocks sucking it up in the beggining.. I’d start with the correct mix ratio and see where you’re at.

OP
OP
W

wickedxreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The instructions call out for 6 scoops in 900ml of rodi..so yes your measurement is off.. it’s not normal for a tank to consume that much with little to no corals, unless you have a lot of corraline or dry rocks sucking it up in the beggining.. I’d start with the correct mix ratio and see where you’re at.
most of the tank was started with Marco dry rock. didn't know this would absorb. I'm going to dump the mix and remake a new mix at 900ml at 6 scoops. then I'll run it for a while and monitor. thank you so much!

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
most of the tank was started with Marco dry rock. didn't know this would absorb. I'm going to dump the mix and remake a new mix at 900ml at 6 scoops. then I'll run it for a while and monitor. thank you so much!
Yeah, mix it to full strength and see what happens.. if it’s not mixed to full strength it can start to grow nasties and not work so well..

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 22 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 93 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.8%
Back