Aminos, Vitamins and Trace Elements...Oh My...!

Coralreefer1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is and has been much debate over whether, or not, to dose aminos, vitamins and elements for corals and fish in marine aquariums.
I am curious as to what other marine aquarists use or don’t use.
I perform weekly water changes and only have pico or nano aquariums. However, having said this, many of these valuable nutrients etc. become depleted quickly through fish respiration, chemical, biological and mechanical filtration and livestock bioload.
What do you fellow reefers and marine aquarists think and employ?

Jon Warner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is no "right answer"...

You will see successful aquarists utilizing every different method. Having said that, it appears that the established multi-supplement regimes offer great results.

OP
OP
Coralreefer1

Coralreefer1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s like balancing money and overkill. If it will make a difference, then I don’t mind spending the money on my tank. However, if performing weekly water changes will ensure that purchasing and dosing other supplements is not necessary then so be it. I just want to create, replicate and promote the best, most stable and accurate water conditions as well as nutrition for my livestock.

Jon Warner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s like balancing money and overkill. If it will make a difference, then I don’t mind spending the money on my tank. However, if performing weekly water changes will ensure that purchasing and dosing other supplements is not necessary then so be it. I just want to create, replicate and promote the best, most stable and accurate water conditions as well as nutrition for my livestock.

IMHO... for a smaller tank you'll be fine with frequent water changes and feed the tank well.

Auquanut

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose Red Sea Trace A,B,C,D trace elements and Fuel in my biocube 29 and 125 reefs. I have a lot of corals though and am on an every 2 week water change schedule. It seems to have helped for me. Will definitely follow.

OP
OP
Coralreefer1

Coralreefer1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dose Red Sea Trace A,B,C,D trace elements and Fuel in my biocube 29 and 125 reefs. I have a lot of corals though and am on an every 2 week water change schedule. It seems to have helped for me. Will definitely follow.
That’s funny, because I was just looking into buying the Red Sea Trace a,b,c,d on Amazon Prime...which is partly why I started this thread! Lol

Butuz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am dosing AquaForest Component 1+,2+,3+ for KH, Calcium and Magnesium. However, they have already added/premixed trace elements into those, so kind of killing two birds at once. I also do 10% weekly water changes. Despite AF dosing, I manually dose a capful of Seachem Trace a day (65g tank). Like others said, I have no idea if that Seachem Trace addon is needed, just a habit now to provide “the best” I can. I will be sending my water sample to ATI for ICP testing, will see where I stand.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 28 15.3%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 42 23.0%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 105 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back