Anemones lost fire colour .

vienna

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a heap of the most beautiful anemones. They were fire bright and large. They’ve since lost color to a dull colour.. Is it too high lighting or not enough food? Parameters are fine.

Timfish

Crusty Old Salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More information would be helpful including parameters*. Also include equipment as well as feeding and any dosing you do. If you can find out teh conditions they were kept in to produce those colors and match them that would be your best bet for maintaining the colors. Insuffucient lighting or the wrong spectrum could be a possibility but without more information it's just a guess.

(* if phosphates are too low, <.03 mg/l, that might be why they're a "dull color")

darrick001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My anemones like LPS flow and lighting conditions lightly dancing 100-150 par. I have noticed at higher par they loose some of their color. When I added some sps and raised the par my anemones dulled within a few weeks. Their rock was moved to the 100-150 par zone and they recovered. I recently moved mine and they lost a significant amount of color but after a couple weeks they started brightening back up. I'm hopeful they will be back to their former glory within a couple months. The first Pic is from 2017 when It was purchased. It is in the process of splitting. The second is from June 2023. They are still brighter than most anemone I've seen. They just don't have their iridescent glow back yet. Hopefully yours will recover soon. If your lighting is high you may want turn it down. You didn't say what kind of anemones you had but I assumed BTA. How old is your system? Anemones generally do better in older systems with larger more established pod populations.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240503_094158_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240503_094158_Gallery.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_20240503_094722_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240503_094722_Gallery.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 9

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 33 19.2%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 131 76.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.5%
Back