Annoying things that your livestock does

ingtar_shinowa

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know who the culprit is, but I've lost a dozen frags and two colonies SOMEWHERE in my tank. Considering due to my scape I can see 97% of the tank I dont get it.

Built347

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clownfish rubs the color straight out of all my primo wellso's. My foxface is beating up my vlamingi, my sailfin hangs out dangerously close to an mp60 all the time and my sohal is a giant baby n hides constantly. Lol. Fish drama.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

jschultzbass

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tiger Watchman Goby made my tank a sandstorm day in and day out. Was able to capture and give away. Picked up a Jawfish and if you put anything remotely near his den he will move and make use of it. He loves my Acan frags and war coral frags for this purpose.

CaliforniaCrisp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love this thread!!

My pistol shrimp has to have a escape rout from under every rock on every side. Causing shifts in my rock work and corals being buried.

I swear, he has his own city under there!

-ADub

SeymourDuncan

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol, I love tunneling fish. My engineer goby stole the flow diverter off my powerhead and managed to bury it under the tallest rock pile I have. No signs of how this happened whatsoever besides the fact that I can see it under my tank beneath ALL the sand!
ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1372175297.084951.jpg

ImageUploadedByReef2Reef Aquarium Forum1372175339.899964.jpg

He also installed windows and blinds in the tank as you can see. Lol.

"Live like tomorrow already happened. Yesterday is only 3 days ahead. Today will be here soon." And a link to my tanks https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123851

Smnparish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great thread!
My Tenneti tang likes to block my feeding syringe with the side of his body, shielding the dendros from getting food. Then he goes and eats the food out of all of the chalices I try to spot feed. Finally, he always rips off the nori clip and drags it into his tunnel that is sooo hard to reach! But not without letting it fall on the clam, the welso, and the fungia first...I don't mind it though, tangs are too cute to get mad at lol

Connie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's hilarious Seymour!!!

Smnparish - if you will feed your corals right after lights out, they will actually get to eat in peace....lol. Fishies will be night night.

glb

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Sailfin Tang will not allow any corals close to his "condo". He wants it clean and bare. If I put a coral close to his lair, he knocks it over and out of the way as soon as I walk away. I can put it back 20 times, but 20 times he will knock it away...argh!!! He also picks up snails and hermits and moves them to the other side of the tank...that's cute though.

They have medication for that you know. ; )

Sent Via the R2R Forum APP
12g Nanoreef. Zooanthids, Ricordia, Star Polyps, Acans and two clownfish. CF Lighting, 75% actinic blue, 25% 10,000k white.

stylaster

Reefer since '90
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My desarjini likes to sample any new coral that hits the water... Thankfully he leaves it alone after that lol

feh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My skunk cleaner shrimp loves "taking candy from a baby". It loves to steal food from corals when I feed them. My female ocellaris clown has reached "the rebellious age" where she doesn't like hands in "her" tank and follows my hand around the tank biting me while cleaning the glass or anything else.

pickupman66

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Halloween urchin likes to pluck frags off my rock, even breaking the glue loose and toss them in the back where I can't reach. I've lost many a prized zoa and across this way. I need to toss him in the sump.

sent from my old fashioned Galaxy tab with Tapatalk 2

jdl513

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My male Rhomboid wrasse loves to jump.
No big deal since I have a robust net cover.

Problem comes when I do water changes where I have to watch like a hawk.
He has gone carpet surfing more than once, but I am ready for it so not a big deal as just scoop up and chuck back in the display.

Biggest pain was when he jumped into my refugium then jumped into the skimmer chamber...quick power down!
Took over a half hour to catch him.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back