Anthias Suggestions?

Reefer Dan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have 2 dispars, 1 sunburst, and just added 3 evansi to my tank. I also currently have a blotchy Anthias in quarantine.

I love the dispars and sunburst. Hopeful on the rest of them being successful, all very active and beautiful fish.

OP
OP
EliMelly

EliMelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 dispars, 1 sunburst, and just added 3 evansi to my tank. I also currently have a blotchy Anthias in quarantine.

I love the dispars and sunburst. Hopeful on the rest of them being successful, all very active and beautiful fish.
That’s awesome do they swim together?

OP
OP
EliMelly

EliMelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had 4 now 3 lyertail for over 4 years and just added 6 dispair and they are beautiful. I would agree with the sentiment these are very hardy.

IMG_2879.jpeg
Wow those are the dispars?! Gorgeous

MeanGreenStompa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I truly love my Bimaculatus, but the male's aggression to other species is something to behold, he unleashes hell on wrasses, chromis, flame angels and he's even take on the tangs if he could get away with it.

Reefer Dan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That’s awesome do they swim together?
The dispars swim together, the sunburst sometimes hangs out on the outskirts of their group. Sometimes my clownfish thinks he’s an Anthias and swims with them. It’s too early to tell on the evansi, literally added yesterday and they haven’t come out, but I’m hopeful.

Naekuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The dispars swim together, the sunburst sometimes hangs out on the outskirts of their group. Sometimes my clownfish thinks he’s an Anthias and swims with them. It’s too early to tell on the evansi, literally added yesterday and they haven’t come out, but I’m hopeful.

yeah thats whati heard about the sunburst or blotched.
They will like stay outside the group within visual range and just watch.
Its seriously like granny anne knitting her sweater while the kids are out to play thing.

The moment something scares the tank and causes the pack to scatter, the sunburst will bone out to its hiding place, using the others as a canary or sort.

This is why i want one, but getting a healthy specimen is tough.

Let me know how that blotched goes with you tho.
I am curious to know if it will be happy with that sunburst or not.

Wow those are the dispars?! Gorgeous

The Carberryi have the blue eyeliner you want on top of looking close to dispar.
I'll try to snap better pictures at night.
But the Carberryi is also a top swimming anthias, and prefer staying near the top.
Well mine wont leave that feeder ring.

OP
OP
EliMelly

EliMelly

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah thats whati heard about the sunburst or blotched.
They will like stay outside the group within visual range and just watch.
Its seriously like granny anne knitting her sweater while the kids are out to play thing.

The moment something scares the tank and causes the pack to scatter, the sunburst will bone out to its hiding place, using the others as a canary or sort.

This is why i want one, but getting a healthy specimen is tough.

Let me know how that blotched goes with you tho.
I am curious to know if it will be happy with that sunburst or not.

The Carberryi have the blue eyeliner you want on top of looking close to dispar.
I'll try to snap better pictures at night.
But the Carberryi is also a top swimming anthias, and prefer staying near the top.
Well mine wont leave that feeder ring.
Definitely gorgeous maybe I’ll do 5 carberryi and 4 lyretails !

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So what species has people found to school well. Looking to add a large group to the 300 I’m planning

If you have reefing budget room I would highly recommend Biota's captive bred/raised Pink Square Anthias. You have a large enough display for 7 to 12 of them if budget allows. Captive bred/raised are a premium but they are all young, eating, and not transitioned. They will arrive small and light in color. Grow at a good rate. Potential to reach 8" easily. So a large fish and amazing to watch. Colors are striking.

I have 4 in my 210. One in transition state. A bit aggressive towards new fish but that may be due to my display size and/or spawning behavior.

Naekuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely gorgeous maybe I’ll do 5 carberryi and 4 lyretails !

Carberryi's in the middle is a photo queen.

Top and bottom are Lyres, and the middle is a Carberryi.

20240403_121147.jpg

I can't get a picture of them with the red dorsal up.

Same eyeliner as the lyres for comparison.

Naekuh

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look very similar

thats why i kept my lyres... i got them on accident from a shipping off from live aquaria.

I orignally wanted cariberry + dispars + sunburst + lgnius. (a mix of them) in an anthias and wrasse dominated tank.

I am sort of sick of tangs wanting to make the tank Tangtopia and then killing everything that goes in later on.

But yeah, that didn't go well as planned... and i still ended up getting a single tang, and my wrasse turned out to be a complete @#$#@~!

So i may just Yolo it now and go look for a Gem Tang.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 30 36.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 11 13.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 14 16.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back