Any Chromebook guru's out there?

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got an issue with my son's Dell chromebook. Let me start by saying it is a school issued chromebook he got last September. At some point he decided he wanted to try and install Linux on it and changed the bios. Now when it boots it just says nothing is found on the harddrive, don't remember the exact error message. I finally got it to boot off a chrome recovery thumb drive but when I tell it to reset chrome it apparently just does it on the thumbdrive because once I reboot without the thumb drive it just says nothing is on the harddrive. Anybody have any ideas on what to do? Unfortunately I know zero about Linux so most of the stuff I've read online makes little sense to me. I found a couple of "programs" that are supposed to reset it but I have no idea how to get them over to the chromebook so I can run them. Once I create the recovery thumb drive the PC can no longer read it so I can't copy the reset program to it.

OP
OP
Opus

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've already tried that. First, I never get a OS is missing error. It just says something about the operating system not being found and the system will reboot in 60 seconds. It will just stay in this rebooting loop unless you turn it off. I was able to boot into the recovery drive last night but there are no instructions. It just starts up chrome from the thumb drive. I told it to do a recovery but it just reset the thumb drive not the harddrive on the chromebook.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 31 35.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 12 13.6%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 15 17.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.3%
Back