Any idea how to revive my birdsnest?

SteelRain

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had this birdsnest for two months now. He’s grown a bunch and everything was going great until my calcium tanked. I forgot to top off my dosing reservoir - it was empty for 3-4 days. My calcium came in at 310 when I tested it. I did a water change and refilled the calcium. Almost all the color on the body is gone but the polyps are still looking great. Any ideas on how to revive him? Here’s the rest of my tank parameters:

Salinity: 35
Alkalinity: 10.4
Nitrate: 5
Phosphate: .07
Calcium: 390 (now, I’ll slowly raise it)
Mag: 1500
Temp: 79

IMG_3485.jpeg

maroun.c

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
U need to up ur dosing so values go back to Irma’s over10-15 days and then it’s a waiting game to see if it’ll recover or not.

ptrahan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I see a parameter that’s out of range, I re-test. Sometimes with a different brand test kit, before trying to change things. You do have a smoking gun-empty reservoir. Then, when I decide to add, I do slowly, over several days. Then wait and see.

Pod_01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like these but, from my experience they grow fast and when things don’t go well they perish quickly as well.

Just some suggestions. If you bring your Alk down to 7.5-8 level that can be less stressful on SPS.
Also Mg seems on high end, I run at 1350. Consider not adding it for a bit and see if it comes down.

Good luck,

OP
OP
SteelRain

SteelRain

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like these but, from my experience they grow fast and when things don’t go well they perish quickly as well.

Just some suggestions. If you bring your Alk down to 7.5-8 level that can be less stressful on SPS.
Also Mg seems on high end, I run at 1350. Consider not adding it for a bit and see if it comes down.

Good
Ok thanks!

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 21 29.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 16 22.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 27 38.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 5.6%
Back