Any local black friday deals coming up? Or folks upgrading and wanting to sell their used gear?

adittam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm helping my sister in law set up her first reef tank, and she's starting from scratch, so she's gonna need almost everything (all she has so far is the tank, a really nice 150 gallon with internal overflows). I've been scouring both FB and R2R marketplaces for used deals, but I was thinking that the timing of might lend itself to making some new deals possible also.

Very preliminary want list:
budget friendly lights - I'm thinking a trio of Smatfarms or Noopsyches
sump - something around 40 gallons, give or take. we'll be getting a 40 breeder from petco and adding some baffles unless someone has one to sell for a deal.
return pump - AC is fine, just need it to be easy to service and reliable.
skimmer - I love my Reef Octopus eSsence S-130 because its so easy to tune, but it's probably not big enough for her tank. Looking for something equally easy to tune and maintain.
temp controller - standard inkbird will do
RO/DI system - planning on having her get a 4 stage RO Buddie because it's so budget friendly, and then helping her build a nice water change station, but if anyone local is getting out of the hobby and has a setup to sell, I'm all ears.
tank stand - the 150 has the same footprint as a standard 125, so if anyone has a 125 stand, I'd be interested in one. Can obviously build one also...

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I'm sure I can get us a better price than the current sale :) Let me see what I can do

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Their current sale is pretty good if you use the code lovenp, I believe it's 15% off. I can probably get us 20%

OP
OP
adittam

adittam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Their current sale is pretty good if you use the code lovenp, I believe it's 15% off. I can probably get us 20%
Think it might be worth waiting a couple days to see if there’s a new code on BF?

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Agreed, not sure it will get better though. Pretty cheap for them. If anyone wants to order I will make sure it's cheaper than the sale price :)

Zach B

Noo-Psyche Sales Rep
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I am able to do 20% off, no tax or shipping charges. Lights can be ordered directly through me for the 20% discount :)

OP
OP
adittam

adittam

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am able to do 20% off, no tax or shipping charges. Lights can be ordered directly through me for the 20% discount :)
Sounds good, Zach, thank you! We’re just trying to figure out what mounts will work with a rimmed tank?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 31 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 113 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back