came home on wednesday to my mystery wrasse on the floor and tonight the clown

i am going to put something over the tank

SaraB

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bummer on your fish losses this week! Are you going to try and cover the tank to avoid jumpers in the future?

I like the clear mesh netting put into a holder for a windown screen. It seems to work quite well and is easy to remove.

JGoslee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about your fish Chad. I've been meaning to put something over my tank to prevent jumpers. My mystery wrasse keeps jumping into my overflow.

Sikryd

hmm...Sweet!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man that sucks.

If you check out my photobucket under the 125g reef I have some pictures of where I made my own screen frames, then screened it with 3/8 plastic black screen.
It works great and even better it looks pretty slick too.

OR EVEN BETTER I can get those two brain cells I have to smack each other so I can remember that you can post pics if you go advanced here! My other forum does it automatically

As you can see, I also cut plexi and painted it black for the overlows. No more hair algae. whoo hoo

DSC04650.jpg

Last edited:

Spiderwoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So sorry for your losses. Don't you hate it when people tell you that clowns are not jumpers? My Picasso clownfish jumped out of one of my tanks 4 times and the 5th time I was not near and didn't get the eggcrate in place on time.

aquarius77

¡ Viva la revolución!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That kinda stinks.. Sorry to see

Any clue what spooked him into jumping? My clowns have been in a 12 inch deep tank since they were tiny. Im kinda worried now seeing that pic.

gflat65

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear that, Chad. I've been working on making my tanks wrasse proof, too. I just cut egg crate to fill the area between the tank and the canopy and have some black acrylic forms cut out to the shape of the overflow (with cut outs for the plumbing in the overflow). This helps keep fish and light out of the overflow. Not as pretty as the black mesh above, but fairly quick and easy.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 26 14.7%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 40 22.6%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 103 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back