Anyone Have A Source for Short Shaft Bulkheads?

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am working on a custom sump and would like to use some short shaft bulkheads because I am trying to save space, both inside and out of the sump. I have found some 1½", but for some reason, I cannot find 1" or 3/4". I was wondering if anyone has found these before and where. Thanks!

trido

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never seen a short shaft bulkhead but cant you just cut a standard bulkhead shorter with a hack saw? It's worked for me before.

fanandy8

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I've needed them shorter I just cut with with a hacksaw or dremel and use some fine sand paper to clean up the cut. Never had any problems.

OP
OP
Fin

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
[FONT=@Arial Unicode MS]Yeah, I know I can cut them off, but would rather not, unless I have to. This is what I have seen before on other tanks (available from Aquatic-Eco Systems), just for some reason it appears it is only available in 1½". I need 1".

BK112.jpg
[/FONT]

cromag27

octoaquatics.com - ig = @octoaquatics. view my sig
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try glass-holes.com
If you need slip, then do NOT cut it yourself as the holes are tapered.

OP
OP
Fin

Fin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try glass-holes.com
If you need slip, then do NOT cut it yourself as the holes are tapered.
Thanks. I did try Glass-Holes and was told that the ones they use are cut. It appears that I may be looking for something that doesn't exist, except in 1½". Thanks for letting me know the slip bulkhead are tapered. I did not realize that.

Last edited:

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your photo looks more like a shower drain or sink drain than a bulkhead because the gasket is so thick. I know a friend who used shower drains because he had them and they worked.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 7 11.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 20 33.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.7%
Back