Anyone have any wall mounted lighting that is nice looking with no cords showing...?

salty150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have, or know of, any wall mounted lighting that is nice looking with no cords showing...?

Along the line of this...

337270190_784144033125131_3260406211107541880_n.jpg

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh yeah, I would definitely want to go through the wall...

So no cords were showing, etc.
Problem is building code and insurance payout if there's ever a problem. You cannot run hight voltage lines through the wall in most places. You're better off getting an outlet put up there and plugging in. If building code states no high voltage lines, and you ever have a house fire, they could deny claim because of this... Just food for thought...

areefer01

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Problem is building code and insurance payout if there's ever a problem. You cannot run hight voltage lines through the wall in most places. You're better off getting an outlet put up there and plugging in. If building code states no high voltage lines, and you ever have a house fire, they could deny claim because of this... Just food for thought...

Money!

Often over looked. When in doubt hire a local electrician. These are great jobs for their apprentice and journeymen.

OP
OP
salty150

salty150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Money!

Often over looked. When in doubt hire a local electrician. These are great jobs for their apprentice and journeymen.
Yeah, there has to be a way to do it...

Just need to find the right wall mounting and then get an electrician to put it through the wall, etc.

JNalley

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, there has to be a way to do it...

Just need to find the right wall mounting and then get an electrician to put it through the wall, etc.
Here's how I would tackle it.

Build your wall mounting system, and run the chord to the wall where you want it.
Have an electrician put a recessed outlet there, and plug in your lights (shorten the chord if you want so as to limit the excess). Use some sort of ornamental facade to cover the outlet (that swings open on a hinge so you always have access). This would be the "proper" way to have hidden chords/power.

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 17 28.8%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 21 35.6%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 5 8.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.4%
Back