Anyone have packages not show?

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered some dry goods from brs. A week ago. Ups sent me notification it showed up today but I have been home all day and it's not here. Anyone else experience this and if so what did you do

FishGuyBri

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered some dry goods from brs. A week ago. Ups sent me notification it showed up today but I have been home all day and it's not here. Anyone else experience this and if so what did you do

I've had that happen a few times. I start with UPS. Need to call them and get more info. I ended up having a neighbors kids stealing my packages...

Cary Meredith

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep just happened to me. I was waiting on a delivery and nothing, nothing, nothing (live fish), check back with the tracking a few hours later and find out it was delivered. hmmmm
Not here, but where, call UPS and they say they will call back within an hour and have the driver stop back to say where they put it. Well turns out it was delivered a street away, found it but it sat outside for 3 hours, lost a lot of the critters. Now second shipment to replace these got caught in the freaking snow storm delayed my Friday delivery until Monday, I'm sure I am losing more stuff with this one :(

OP
OP
Kershaw

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think it was delivered some where else. Because I had doors and windows open all day and I was waiting for it. According to ups they transferred it usps

cmcoker

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had my apt # get cut off the label. UPS used public data to determine where to send it. Which was to someone else in about 2 miles away with my same name.
Took 2 weeks to get it, because UPS could not get a response from where they dropped it.
Turned out the person who got my box opened it, it did have their name on it.., then promptly went out of town.
My phone number was on the box and they called me directly when back in town... Hmm why didn't ups think of that..
It was 50lbs of dry rock

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I avoid USPS dealing with packages if at all possible. They won't be responsible for losses. I have my address on hold st UPS, they set it up 6 months at a time, I drive to them the morning of delivery and pick it up. This way you're not waiting on the truck and they'll also hold it for five days.

OP
OP
Kershaw

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't know when I clicked the cheapest shipping that it would be handed off to usps. Lesson learned but now I am out my filters that I kinda needed and the lfs charge way to much. i have hard enough time affording this hobby with out problems like this.

DHill6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPS tracking numbers with a YW in the middle are set up to be handed off to USPS. To get around this call UPS with the number, they'll have to input it manually to stop it from being handed over to USPS for delivery, ask them to hold it for pick up. No more missing packages.

ksfulk

Working back towards clean
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience, if a package gets handed off to another company, it gets delivered the next day. So if UPS said it would get delivered today, but it went to USPS, then you should see it on Monday. Happens all the time since Im on a rural route for deliveries.

OP
OP
Kershaw

Kershaw

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In my experience, if a package gets handed off to another company, it gets delivered the next day. So if UPS said it would get delivered today, but it went to USPS, then you should see it on Monday. Happens all the time since Im on a rural route for deliveries.
I hope your right.

Resendes Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordere a bottle of vibrant from fragtastic reef. Envelope showed up, but it had been cut open and was empty. Bummer

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back