Anyone still around???

AlexStinson

Plankton
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow didn't realize how long it had been since I checked the club forum. I'm still on R2R almost every day, but these posts get buried. The facebook group is active-ish but it mostly seems to be a commerce place for non-members.

Robink

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still here. Have only met one person in chattanooga, so I've been going to Knoxville...
Would still like to know anyone in the area.

GrouperBait

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m potentially moving to Chattanooga next summer, pending wife’s new job. If she likes it, I’ll be setting up a 300 or 360 peninsula and I’d love to help Chattanooga develope active club!

AlexStinson

Plankton
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m potentially moving to Chattanooga next summer, pending wife’s new job. If she likes it, I’ll be setting up a 300 or 360 peninsula and I’d love to help Chattanooga develope active club!
If you do hit me up, I just started a 330 peninsula style.

GrouperBait

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you do hit me up, I just started a 330 peninsula style.
I just bought a house. Moving to signal mtn next month. Not sure if 300 peninsula is going to be possible. It may have to be a normal 1 long side, 2 short side tank :(
But I have a lot of new frags I’m looking to grow out and trade/give away eventually!

Robink

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought a house. Moving to signal mtn next month. Not sure if 300 peninsula is going to be possible. It may have to be a normal 1 long side, 2 short side tank :(
But I have a lot of new frags I’m looking to grow out and trade/give away eventually!
I'm on Signal Mountain. Nice to know there will be another reefer here.
Great place to live. If you need anything let me know.

GrouperBait

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ordered the waterbox 220plus. Should arrive late November!
For now, I have glowing blue lights on my horse trough in the a garage.

Robink, I saw your build thread in your profile. Still have that tank up and running? Hopefully we can be local reefing buddies! I would love to have a knowledge person help me out if i am ever out of town.
I was spoiled in Florida. The LFS here are nothing like Orlando. :/ I’m eager to help the new reefers in the area so that we can have a nice variety to swap with!

fullmonti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome GrouperBait

I have wished we could get the club back up and running again. Just needs some one to pull a contact list together, people don't seem to check her much any more and when they do post on a thread the ones following the thread do not get a notice there is a new post.

We will be moving (just down the road from here) and building a new house and I'm going to be selling off stuff i will not be able to use at the new place. I will have several tanks & stands, couple big pumps and some live stock. First thing is, I will break down my 18" cube. The main live stock is a pair of clowns and a Ritteri anemone I will be selling to a good home.

New place will have a 140 or 180 in it. Hope we will meet one day, we both will have fun setting up a new tank.

clowns FB 2.jpg clowns FB4.jpg

GrouperBait

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome GrouperBait

I have wished we could get the club back up and running again. Just needs some one to pull a contact list together, people don't seem to check her much any more and when they do post on a thread the ones following the thread do not get a notice there is a new post.

We will be moving (just down the road from here) and building a new house and I'm going to be selling off stuff i will not be able to use at the new place. I will have several tanks & stands, couple big pumps and some live stock. First thing is, I will break down my 18" cube. The main live stock is a pair of clowns and a Ritteri anemone I will be selling to a good home.

New place will have a 140 or 180 in it. Hope we will meet one day, we both will have fun setting up a new tank.

clowns FB 2.jpg clowns FB4.jpg
I will be happy to help when you get everything up and going, or even during the transition if you need it. I still don’t know when waterbox will be getting a tank to me...hopefully sooner than later. My corals and fish are hanging out in the garage with many many heaters! I am potentially interested in the clownfish, depending on the timing of everything. How far do you live from signal mtn?

what would be the best way to reach out to people? I’m happy to be the point man.

fullmonti

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We live just above Dunlap, so from Signal go off the back side down the valley a little ways and then back up the mountain on hwy 111. PM me, we'll talk.

I think we need a contact list so when there is a meeting or an event we would have a way to get the word to everyone. Only way I can think to come up with this list would be PM everyone here on Reef2Reef and on the Facebook page and ask everyone if they know of anyone who may also be interested. I'm thinking email addresses and phone numbers if people would be OK with that. Also could put the word out in the LFSs with a number to call for more info. I would be happy to help with this too.

We had a club a few years back and it was very nice to see other peoples tanks and see how they do things, get to know fellow reefers and all. We tried to meet each month but think that was to often. Probably just meet when some one volunteers to host a meeting.

I'm about ready to post the clowns, nem and the rest of the tanks, stands, pumps etc in the Atlanta reef club forum. We are trying to thin out everything we can in preparation for the move. I am keeping a 12" cube tank system set up with a few corals but any thing I colluded use on the new upgrade tank i'm going to sell off.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 158 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.9%
Back