Apex DOS/DDR Container volume amounts recently rolled back?

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted on the Neptune forum, but that’s too hard for me to navigate and use. Years back I did the diy dos/ddr hack so I could use optical sensors with my (not ddr) containers. Originally you were stuck with the default 2000ml container volume in fusion. A few of us asked Neptune to change this, and they did….eventually. At first it was capped at 150,000ml container volume. Then, maybe a year or so ago, they bumped it up to 300,000ml. That was pretty close to my 80gallon saltwater mixing station volume and it worked great as a visual representation of the volume left in that vessel. Recently, maybe a couple months ago, it was rolled back to a max of 150,000ml. It won’t let me change it back to 300,000ml and now of course, the visual representation of the amount left in my saltwater station is no longer accurate. Has anyone else noticed this? It’s not the end of the world or anything. It was just the cool factor of being able to quickly see what the volume was.

OP
OP
A_Blind_Reefer

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually didn't realize it went that high...
Yeah, they didn’t let anyone know. It was just kinda snuck in there. Also, originally you had to log into the classic dashboard to change the volume as you couldn’t do it in fusion. Now you can change it in fusion and no longer need to log into the classic dashboard, but they capped the amount.

ZombieEngineer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Answered you on Neptune forums, but here is what I wrote there.

My reservoir is small enough I did not notice this since mine is only 30 gallons. I can confirm my limit is currently 150,000 like yours is.

Agreed that increasing that number as high as neptune can possibly increase it would be best. I know a lot of people with 100 gallon reservoirs and a select few people with 200+ gallon reservoirs. If they use a 10x scale 32 bit signed accumulator to store this, they should in theory be able to increase it up to 838835ml, but I have no idea how the data structures work under the hood.

OP
OP
A_Blind_Reefer

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, my response to @blaxsun triggered me to log into the classic dashboard. So…..you can go higher using the classic dashboard. Problem solved. For some reason when they added the feature to change the volume in fusion, they capped it to 150000 in fusion. I didn’t even think to go back and check the classic dashboard since you could change it in fusion now.

OP
OP
A_Blind_Reefer

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

My reservoir is small enough I did not notice this since mine is only 30 gallons. I can confirm my limit is currently 150,000 like yours is.

Agreed that increasing that number as high as neptune can possibly increase it would be best. I know a lot of people with 100 gallon reservoirs and a select few people with 200+ gallon reservoirs. If they use a 10x scale 32 bit signed accumulator to store this, they should in theory be able to increase it up to 838835ml, but I have no idea how the data structures work under the hood.
Yeah, figured it out. You can go higher than 150,000 ONLY using the classic dashboard. It’s capped at 150,000 using fusion. The container volume now shows 300,000 again since I changed it on the classic dashboard

OP
OP
A_Blind_Reefer

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh! Had it, but it’s gone again. So, changed it in on the classic dash board and all was fine. It changed in fusion and the graphics were correct. I clicked the fill button in fusion and it filled….at the same time reverting back to 150,000ml. I tried it several times, same thing. If I manually fill it from the classic dashboard it’s fine. So, something’s broken somewhere in the code with fusion.

Last edited:
OP
OP
A_Blind_Reefer

A_Blind_Reefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

@ZombieEngineer fyi I was able to enter 800,000ml (over 200 gallons) through the classic dashboard and it took.

Screenshot 2022-06-08 at 7.39.55 PM.png

ifreefingwasaperson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, my response to @blaxsun triggered me to log into the classic dashboard. So…..you can go higher using the classic dashboard. Problem solved. For some reason when they added the feature to change the volume in fusion, they capped it to 150000 in fusion. I didn’t even think to go back and check the classic dashboard since you could change it in fusion now.
How do you log in to the classic dashboard?

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 51 34.5%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 39 26.4%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.6%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 28 18.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.7%
Back