Apex feeder output question

Dodgersfan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, quick question: I just set up an avast plank with my apex. (Got tired of replacing dead Neptune AFS’s every 6 months-
1 year) I couldn’t find a control type that would let me set it to turn on for 1-2 minutes at a time multiple times a day, (and don’t want to run the risk of screwing something up writing an advanced control) so I put it on feeder control type and set it to “5 rotations” as just a guess… does anyone know how long the apex considers a “rotation” in seconds? If I remember right it’s something like 10 or 15 seconds for an AFS to pop out, do a rotation and go back in? Just trying to make sure I don’t have it set too long or short before leaving for a trip tomorrow! Thanks for the help!

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why not use the advanced tab to just turn the outlet on at certain times?

If time
IF DOW = Day Of Week

is all you would need

Although if your leaving tomorrow, I wouldn't set it up and leave it. I would wait to test it out when your home more regularly.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back