Apex keeps shutting down my entire system

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

TX_Punisher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never had this issue. Everything that’s plugged into the eb832 is randomly shutting down. I updated it today, installed a wxm and pm2 today. That’s it. Temps are normal, no spills on anything electrical. The circuit the tank is on isn’t flashing my other devices in the same circuit when the apex cuts out. It’s almost like the unit is losing power. After t turns off, it will turn back on after 2-3 minutes. This has happened 4 times. The outlet the apex is in is a gfci fwiw. I have other devices on that same circuit that’s Are getting lower through all of this. The only thing fusion is saying is “this apex is not currently connected to fusion.” Yes my internet devices in the house are all working fwiw.

Thoughts?

Jeremy Chatham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was having the same issue the last few weeks.. finally I got someone on the line and they offered to bring in my apex classic and refurbish it if possible or a discount on the new apex unit... I guess I will just have to break down and get the new unit otherwise my system will crash without it. It sux...

Jeremy Chatham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem is that I don't have redundancy on my heaters... so without the apex I'm screwed... This brought up a good point that I need some redundancy in my life though. From now on I will make the apex my 2nd line of defense. not my primary control.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The problem is that I don't have redundancy on my heaters... so without the apex I'm screwed... This brought up a good point that I need some redundancy in my life though. From now on I will make the apex my 2nd line of defense. not my primary control.
Get a ranco.

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Jeremy Chatham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks . Ill look into it... Ill probably go with whatever has a good warranty or whatever BRS has for sale. lol

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks . Ill look into it... Ill probably go with whatever has a good warranty or whatever BRS has for sale. lol
It’s a staple in the hobby. Do a quick search on here. I wouldn’t lead you astray. It is THE best temperature control option with the best lifespan as well, some people have had theirs running over 20 years.

OP
OP
TX_Punisher

TX_Punisher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it stopped resetting. Have no clue. For some reason I feel like it has something to do with the wxm module but not 100% sure.

Tjm23slo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it stopped resetting. Have no clue. For some reason I feel like it has something to do with the wxm module but not 100% sure.
Not sure if this will help or not, but it looks like there is a new firmware update. Of course maybe that is causing this issue.

Jeremy Chatham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
good luck... mine just would stay connected long enough to make me think it was fixed... then bam.. it would disconnect in a day or so... I hope this doesnt happen to you.

AQUANATURE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the question is whats the point of a APEX if it can crash your whole system? I ask as I'm building a large tank and questioning if I should have one.

I have a redundancy on heating and cooling and I will battery back up

OP
OP
TX_Punisher

TX_Punisher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this will help or not, but it looks like there is a new firmware update. Of course maybe that is causing this issue.

I performed the update yesterday. But I also added a wxm and pm2 module as well shortly after.

DivingTheWorld

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run an Apex Classic and it’s been solid as a rock for years. I just ordered a “new” Apex base module to update my system so I can eventually add a Trident, but I was planning to keep all my modules, power bars, etc. classic. I guess I better keep my classic ready to swap back to if I start encountering these type of issues! Now I’m getting nervous...

Jeremy Chatham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I am going to do. Buy the new unit and keep the old "classic unit" in case I ever have to send in my new unit.. that way I will have a backup.

Jeremy Chatham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So the question is whats the point of a APEX if it can crash your whole system? I ask as I'm building a large tank and questioning if I should have one.

I have a redundancy on heating and cooling and I will battery back up
I would still get one... just plan to use it as a redundancy. Ie. plug your heaters into a thermostat and then if it goes bad have the apex take over...

rsumner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never had my EB832 reset unless there was a power surge from something plugged into one of the ports of the power bar or there was a source power problem. I can't say the same for my FMM modules. I had one of my FMM's that would report as disconnected randomly. AOS 5.05_7C19 is supposed to address random issues for the FMM, but doesn't really apply to your situation, in my opinion.

For your reference, my EB832 is at software revision 8. I find that sometimes Fusion doesn't tell me that a module has outdated firmware even if it is.

Bayareareefer18

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I performed the update yesterday. But I also added a wxm and pm2 module as well shortly after.
Did you check to make sure the modules were the current update when installing them?

Don't know if that would cause the issue but just an idea.

If you feel it may be the wxm why not disconnect it and see if that solves it.

Also have you opened a tag with apex? If you give them rote access maybe they can track down the issue

OP
OP
TX_Punisher

TX_Punisher

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything was updated module wise.

Thought about the ticket. It hasnt done it since so I’ll be keeping a close eye.

Back