Apex Not Connection to Fusion After AOS Update

trevorhiller

Reefing Nurse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was trying to update by A3 Apex Pro to the new AOS 5.12 5B24 from 5.11 9F23. In the middle of the update I got a notification that Apex was disconnected from fusion. Now I can’t get it to connect.

I’ve tried power cycling the Apex, Power cycling the router, pressing the reset button quickly, pressing the reset button for 6 seconds and pressing the reset button for 30 seconds until the light becomes red (factory reset). Nothing is working.

The lights are alternating between orange, green and pink. And the EB832 is blinking orange.

Can anyone make a suggestion if there is anything else to try while I await a response from Neptune?

Lesson learned: don’t ever update Neptune Apex on a Friday afternoon before work… grrrr

ReefStable

Reef Stable
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your best bet is to call Neptune. I've heard a lot of issues with this update... They're much faster to respond on the phone rather than email though.

OP
OP
trevorhiller

trevorhiller

Reefing Nurse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Your best bet is to call Neptune. I've heard a lot of issues with this update... They're much faster to respond on the phone rather than email though.
Thanks I’ll try that. I know last time I needed support it took a couple days, so I just jumped on placing a ticket when I couldn’t get it immediately fixed.

Unfortunately today I didn’t have time to call them and tomorrow is Saturday so maybe Monday I’ll give them a call if I haven’t heard back yet regarding the ticket.

I was hoping there was something else I may have missed trying do to get it restarted.

OP
OP
trevorhiller

trevorhiller

Reefing Nurse
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I heard back from Neptune, the head unit needs to go back for replacement. What a bummer. It seems the update killed it. This is the second time in 2 years I’ve had this thing that I’ve had a head unit go down on me.

I’m building a new tank in my basement and was planning to use Apex, but perhaps it’s time to give GHL another go (although I hated the interface) or try out hydros.

David Cher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i went to the apex forum and i do not see much issues .wanted to update this . now i have second thoughts

JCH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was trying to update by A3 Apex Pro to the new AOS 5.12 5B24 from 5.11 9F23. In the middle of the update I got a notification that Apex was disconnected from fusion. Now I can’t get it to connect.

I’ve tried power cycling the Apex, Power cycling the router, pressing the reset button quickly, pressing the reset button for 6 seconds and pressing the reset button for 30 seconds until the light becomes red (factory reset). Nothing is working.

The lights are alternating between orange, green and pink. And the EB832 is blinking orange.

Can anyone make a suggestion if there is anything else to try while I await a response from Neptune?

Lesson learned: don’t ever update Neptune Apex on a Friday afternoon before work… grrrr
Strange I just had the same message and mine hooked back up on its own after a short time . I see some new tasks have been added to the task menu. Maybe reboot your router? Must have been an auto update because I didn’t do anything other than opening fusion to check my temp

JCH

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I heard back from Neptune, the head unit needs to go back for replacement. What a bummer. It seems the update killed it. This is the second time in 2 years I’ve had this thing that I’ve had a head unit go down on me.

I’m building a new tank in my basement and was planning to use Apex, but perhaps it’s time to give GHL another go (although I hated the interface) or try out hydros.
Yeah same hear I’m doing another build and am going with the hydros system. Don’t like apex it’s not user friendly and way to convoluted!!

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 27 15.2%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 40 22.5%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 103 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back