Apex Programming question

braaap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
It’s been awhile since I’ve programmed an Apex. 6 ish years. So I forgot a lot.

Trying to program my pumps to stay off for an hour or so if my ALD sensors trigger.

Please see my programming in the picture. ALD1 and ALD2 are my sensors.

BBB3ECB6-7466-4BFE-8A0E-41C1E2C9020F.jpeg

Adamc13o3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not the best at this but I think fallback and set should be on since this is a return pump.

Fallback on
Set on
If ALD1 closed then off
if ALD2 closed then off
If Feed 000 then off

Maybe make another feed mode that gets triggered if ALD! or ALD2 are closed?

So it would say if feed001 then off

After that Defer 060:00 Then ON

So the ALD would trigger a feed mode which would turn the pump off and then turn it on after an hour. You cant just use the other feed mode that you have (FEED 000) because then the pump would go off in regular feed mode for an hour every time. People that turn off return pumps for feed mode usually do 5 to 10 min. If you wanted to do that I am sure there's a way of programming it to basically turn on after 5 or 10 min if FEED 000 is triggered and on after an hour FEED001 would be triggered, Of course that's only if you want to have the pump off for 5 min after a feed mode. If not I think my programming should work but try it first I guess.

Adam

Raul-7

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll have to make a virtual outlet and apply it to this outlet.

Call the virtual outlet something like ALD_Pump

ALD_Pump [VO]
Set ON
If ALD1 CLOSED Then OFF
If ALD2 CLOSED Then OFF
Defer 60:00 Then ON

Return
Fallback ON
Set ON
If ALD_Pump = OFF Then OFF
If FeedA 000 then OFF

Haven't used an Apex in years. So someone should check my work, but it's definitely on the right track.

OP
OP
braaap

braaap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Not the best at this but I think fallback and set should be on since this is a return pump.

Fallback on
Set on
If ALD1 closed then off
if ALD2 closed then off
If Feed 000 then off

Maybe make another feed mode that gets triggered if ALD! or ALD2 are closed?

So it would say if feed001 then off

After that Defer 060:00 Then ON

So the ALD would trigger a feed mode which would turn the pump off and then turn it on after an hour. You cant just use the other feed mode that you have (FEED 000) because then the pump would go off in regular feed mode for an hour every time. People that turn off return pumps for feed mode usually do 5 to 10 min. If you wanted to do that I am sure there's a way of programming it to basically turn on after 5 or 10 min if FEED 000 is triggered and on after an hour FEED001 would be triggered, Of course that's only if you want to have the pump off for 5 min after a feed mode. If not I think my programming should work but try it first I guess.

Adam

I want Fallback to be OFF because if I lose connection with the headunit it’s usually a big deal. And the head unit protects against leaks and major issues. So I’d rather have equipment off and an alarm trigger than an alarm trigger and equipment is off but I can’t do anything remotely.
You'll have to make a virtual outlet and apply it to this outlet.

Call the virtual outlet something like ALD_Pump

ALD_Pump [VO]
Set ON
If ALD1 CLOSED Then OFF
If ALD2 CLOSED Then OFF

Return
Fallback ON
Set ON
If FeedA 000 then OFF

Haven't used an Apex in years. So someone should check my work, but it's definitely on the right track.

It makes sense to me. I’ll wait for others to chime in but I really think this is it. I thought it may have been but it’s been so long.

GK3

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I want Fallback to be OFF because if I lose connection with the headunit it’s usually a big deal. And the head unit protects against leaks and major issues. So I’d rather have equipment off and an alarm trigger than an alarm trigger and equipment is off but I can’t do anything remotely.

It makes sense to me. I’ll wait for others to chime in but I really think this is it. I thought it may have been but it’s been so long.
ALD_Pump [VO]
Set ON
If ALD1 CLOSED Then OFF
If ALD2 CLOSED Then OFF

Return
Fallback ON
Set ON
If FeedA 000 then OFF

This works except the return should be fallback off. Then if ALD_pump goes off the return goes off. The defer in ALD_pump will keep it of for 60 min after the ALD sensor returns to open. FeedA will return it to on as soon as FeedA is over. This accomplishes what your OP asked.

I will say that the way the old ALDs worked if they get wet, they aren’t going to dry until you manually intervene or atleast not dry very quickly at all. So operating this way is going to keep the pump off for a very long time until someone intervenes. Given this, I’m not sure you want or need to add an extra hour onto the pump being off.

OP
OP
braaap

braaap

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
ALD_Pump [VO]
Set ON
If ALD1 CLOSED Then OFF
If ALD2 CLOSED Then OFF

Return
Fallback ON
Set ON
If FeedA 000 then OFF

This works except the return should be fallback off. Then if ALD_pump goes off the return goes off. The defer in ALD_pump will keep it of for 60 min after the ALD sensor returns to open. FeedA will return it to on as soon as FeedA is over. This accomplishes what your OP asked.

I will say that the way the old ALDs worked if they get wet, they aren’t going to dry until you manually intervene or atleast not dry very quickly at all. So operating this way is going to keep the pump off for a very long time until someone intervenes. Given this, I’m not sure you want or need to add an extra hour onto the pump being off.

That is very true about the time they take to dry. And is a good point. I just want to ensure that for some reason they don’t get a drop or two and then trigger and 5 mins later they are no longer triggering. It’s just one additional layer of safety.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.5%
Back