Aqua SD shipment and possibly dead hammer

imnewplshelp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I made an order from aqua sd as I’d heard good things but the order got here and my hammer is pretty much dead I think. Is it recoverable at all? Also they didn’t send me two cow colonies and instead of a mushroom sent me a Hollywood stunner. Most people may be happy about that mixup but I have a smaller tank and don’t want it stinging everything. Pretty unhappy as I really just wanted what I bought but now I’m gonna have to spend another 40$ shipping to use store credit or whatever they do.
IMG_0023.jpeg

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Took your pics and contacted them already I assume ?
if it were me i'd take hammer out of tank ,too far gone IMO...

OP
OP
I

imnewplshelp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Surely that hammer was already put the door when they sent it? I mean I know this hobby isn’t cheap and stuff happens but to me (being17) 140 bucks is quite a bit

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
So I made an order from aqua sd as I’d heard good things but the order got here and my hammer is pretty much dead I think. Is it recoverable at all? Also they didn’t send me two cow colonies and instead of a mushroom sent me a Hollywood stunner. Most people may be happy about that mixup but I have a smaller tank and don’t want it stinging everything. Pretty unhappy as I really just wanted what I bought but now I’m gonna have to spend another 40$ shipping to use store credit or whatever they do.
IMG_0023.jpeg
Will is easy to work with. They ship hundreds of coral and I have had the same occur and they made it right.
Did you acclimate these corals and how and how long?
The hammer is recession and not quite yet dead

Justfebreezeit

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That hammer might survive. I had one bone white for weeks and all of a sudden a tiny little gloop grew out of it and it grew into 5 or 6 heads.

AquaSD

We specialize and Rare and Unusual Corals!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there. First off sorry to see that the order arrived in rough contition!
I will include a photo of what was ordered and of what the hammer looked like before bagging it up and shipping it out.
I saw that this was your first order from us and we went ahead and sent you out a triple head compared to the single head that was ordered as a show of good faith in our company.
We tried reaching out to let you know about the items that we were unable to send out but unfortunately we did not hear back. Do not worry about the store credit or extra shipping cost for replacements as we went ahead and issued a refund for those ebay items to make sure you were taken care of.
Also hollywood stunner was the freebie sent out for the day as we always ship a freebie with every order :)

Not sure if you dipped the corals upon arrival but the reason we always reccomend quarantine tanks is so you can give the coral a day or two of rest and acclimation before dipping. Lugols / other iodine dips are nothing to worry about and is generally beneficial however some other dips like coralrx or other lemony/pinesol smelling dips may be amazing for pests/unwanted creatures however it can be harmful for corals that were just shipped cross country.

We will send an email back soon (if we havent already) to make sure that you are taken care of.
Always feel free to call or email us with any questions or concerns before heading to reef2reef as we are always here to make sure that your buying and order experience is top notch!
Hope you have a wonderful day!

Best wishes ,
- Kaleb (Manager)

Attachments

• 434280231_3835453540015845_1320674865363070362_n.jpg
    434280231_3835453540015845_1320674865363070362_n.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 22
  • s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 28
OP
OP
I

imnewplshelp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright I’ll leave it in. What about the candy cane? Just realizing it doesn’t look so hot either

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    182.1 KB · Views: 26
OP
OP
I

imnewplshelp

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I never saw any message saying those couldn’t ship out. I didn’t realize the Hollywood stunner was a freebie I just thought it got mixed up. The hammer looked great in photos but in the bag most of the polyps were bailed out and the candy can was receded

AquaSD

We specialize and Rare and Unusual Corals!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, I never saw any message saying those couldn’t ship out. I didn’t realize the Hollywood stunner was a freebie I just thought it got mixed up. The hammer looked great in photos but in the bag most of the polyps were bailed out and the candy can was receded

Hey thanks again for the great chat a bit ago and like I mentioned keep us posted on the candycanes health.
Sorry to hear that the package was smashed a bit and the package was leaking. As mentioned that is usually very rare and we ship with UPS due to their care with our boxes under almost all circumstances.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 14.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 56.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 7.0%
Back