Aquascape input

AnomMatty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I feel like it's pretty solid, but wanted to open myself up to improvements other folks may see that I don't.

40 Breeder

1000005746.jpg
1000005747.jpg
1000005748.jpg

1000005749.jpg

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks good. You have to be happy with it. If you love it that's all that matters.

We all have personal preferences and taste.

Cell

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good. Only other thing I would consider is a small rock for an island centered in the open space.

OP
OP
AnomMatty

AnomMatty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It looks good. You have to be happy with it. If you love it that's all that matters.

We all have personal preferences and taste.
Thanks. Once I got it glued where I wanted it wasn't quite wide enough for my liking, so I put another piece of rock rear left, and am gonna hunt down an arch local to tie it into the leftmost arch.

I like the scape, but I hate dry rocks...
I appreciate it, gotta respect everyone goes about it their own way.

Rijodan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
love minimal rock space, but unless youre focused on sticks youre gonna runn out of room for corals fast

OP
OP
AnomMatty

AnomMatty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good. Only other thing I would consider is a small rock for an island centered in the open space.

Kind of want to tie the 'island' in with an arch, but we'll see.

love minimal rock space, but unless youre focused on sticks youre gonna runn out of room for corals fast
I kind of worried about that, but there's a good deal of space to add shelves/arches down the road.

1000005754.jpg

Top down
1000005757.jpg

Formulator

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really love it. Especially the depth you have created and with open space in the center and the two non-symmetrical peninsulas. It actually reminds me a bit of my scape except I left the middle completely open without the bridge you have. I haven’t changed my scape much since I started about 8 years ago and still love it.

My only suggestion would be to consider your lighting as it relates to the highest points in your scape. If you have a LED bar-type light or T5s it won’t matter, but with pendants or halides like I have, the most intense lighting is to left and right of center. Right now your highest point for mounting SPS with high intensity light requirements is in the center so if you don’t have a bulb above the center, that could be something to think about.

20190812_204251.jpeg

OP
OP
AnomMatty

AnomMatty

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really love it. Especially the depth you have created and with open space in the center and the two non-symmetrical peninsulas. It actually reminds me a bit of my scape except I left the middle completely open without the bridge you have. I haven’t changed my scape much since I started about 8 years ago and still love it.

My only suggestion would be to consider your lighting as it relates to the highest points in your scape. If you have a LED bar-type light or T5s it won’t matter, but with pendants or halides like I have, the most intense lighting is to left and right of center. Right now your highest point for mounting SPS with high intensity light requirements is in the center so if you don’t have a bulb above the center, that could be something to think about.
Lighting is something I'm still kicking around. Budget wise I'm considering a noopsyche, and then another down the road. If I happen into a situation where budget becomes less of a concern I'd love to run a dimmable hybrid t5 setup. Either way I think I'm a little ways out from SPS still

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

20190812_204251.jpeg
That reminds me a lot of mine
20240429_182523.jpg

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 50 20.6%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 176 72.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 4.9%
Back