Are AIO filters structural to the actual aquarium?

tegeulsi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good afternoon guys, I have been thinking of buying this rather large AIO aquarium that’s a really good deal and taking the AIO filter out of it to make it a really nice peninsula! Are the filter baffles and front filter glass actually structurally integral to the aquarium?
IMG_5644.jpeg

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Partly it depends on size of tank to a certain degree I’d imagine. I felt fine taking the AIO chamber out of a 16 gallon Biocube . No sure I’d want to risk anything larger.

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the 65 gallon version of this same tank. I don’t believe it is structural but I can double check when I get home from work and send you what the build of the AIO chamber looks like and you can decide what you think.

OP
OP
T

tegeulsi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Partly it depends on size of tank to a certain degree I’d imagine. I felt fine taking the AIO chamber out of a 16 gallon Biocube . No sure I’d want to risk anything larger.
This would be 62g so I think I know what your next answer is haha

areohen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why would you buy an AIO tank just to take out the parts that make it AIO. Why not just buy a plain tank without the filters. Petco has a 55g for $80 and 75g for $130 right now

steveschuerger

I love Gonis and Euphyllia. Maybe too much
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Why would you buy an AIO tank just to take out the parts that make it AIO. Why not just buy a plain tank without the filters. Petco has a 55g for $80 and 75g for $130 right now
Well, it was, past tense my first reef tank briefly for a few months before I knew I wanted larger. When I converted it to freshwater, I took out the chamber section and added a hob filter. Wanted the extra space. Don’t get me wrong, I love AIO tanks. I’ve had an IM Nuvo 30l and right now an IM SR60 as well as a 22 gallon FijiCube AIO.

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 48 20.3%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 171 72.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 5.1%
Back